Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fun 10" Project

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vrsz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fun 10" Project
    Posted: 21 August 2020 at 3:03pm
Hello everyone, 

I dropped a post on here a year or so ago and with your feedback ended up building a Cubo Sub which absolutely thumps and the neighbours "love it", thank you for the recommendation there! 

I've got a spare sheet of birch ply and a 10" Kicker L7 Square sub and was hoping to build something fun.
I fully understand the that kicker isn't going to produce incredible quality sound but it moves a lot of air.

Please find the parameters below:

Displacement cc

Mounting Depth

6-3/8

Revc

Vc inductance mH

Sd, SqM

BL

Vas L

Mms gms

Fs

Qms

Qes

Qts

Pmax W

Xmax mm

I'd like to build some sort of horn to compliment the Cubo Sub.

Please let me know your thoughts!

Thanks everyone, have a great weekend.

Edited by vrsz - 21 August 2020 at 3:24pm
mobiele eenheid View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobiele eenheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2020 at 4:27pm
Do you want to use it in the same frequency band?
studio45 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote studio45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2020 at 6:28pm
With a moving mass of 189 grams and BL factor of only 17, this is a very heavy, slow driver - really only suitable for in-car use, in a ported box, where cabin gain means you can achieve respectable SPL's. 
Out in the real world, without the cabin to reinforce the sound - it won't do much. Not even on a horn, as that hugely heavy cone means it actually won't move very much air; good horn drivers have light, stiff cones and strong magnets. 
If I were you I'd stick it up on Gumtree/Craigslist/Kijiji and use the money to buy a better PA driver. Do you want a sub-sub for under the Cubo, or a mid-bass horn for on top of it.
Studio45 - Repairs & Building Commotion Soundsystem -Mobile PA
vrsz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vrsz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2020 at 10:16am
Thank you for the reply, very useful! This is why im a newbie.

That all makes perfect sense, that little 10 would make a huge impact in the car.

Thanks again, thinking cap is back on!!

Post Reply Post Reply