Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Funktion One DanceStack

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisTurbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Funktion One DanceStack
    Posted: 21 February 2018 at 12:08pm
Hello speakerplansforum, 
me and a friend want to start a funktion one and turbosound hire. At the moment we have some turbosound tfl 760h and some selfmade subs (bought not built at myself) and we want also a funktion one hire. So now we want to buy a dance stack like the ds1 (ds210 highs, ds15 mids) because they sounds very great and they look very very special. Thats the big point, because we are new in the business we want to give something speacial then the other hire  companys. My question now is what you think is a realistic price for 2xds210 and 2xds15? In ebay there are some for 12000 pounds but i think its a little bit too much. I dont want to pay too much for second hand speakers. 

Thanks for your answers! Very great forum! 
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2018 at 1:02pm
There are a lot of chancers on Ebay who post things up at a stupid high price on the off-chance some muppet will click buy-it-now,and then it's happy days!

The cabinets you mention dont come up every day,so their is no fixed price,just a figure in the head of the seller for what he wants. And if he is a dealer, (and i can guess which one!!!) you can reckon he's put a hefty mark-up on too.

If you saw a car listed,you wouldn't pay the asking price would you? Haggle. Offer what you feel comfortable paying.

Be seeing you.
MattStolton View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2018 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

And if he is a dealer, (and i can guess which one!!!)
"Shiny metal - Dublin river" per chance?

Yeah, haggle from a "high list price", and be prepared to walk away if the price is not sensible.

List, list less 20% for Trade, real trade (list less lots and lots) and distributor prices apply to second hand to some extent too!

It is often stuff that has been leased into somewhere, and then at end of lease comes back for sale, so they have made the money twice over! And get to sell it off. Plenty of margin to squeeze out.

However, at the end of the day, certain badges add a lot of £££ to a bit of flapping paper and some ply.

Same with cars, badges of Skoda Vs Volkswagen Vs Audi command different prices, for the pretty identical lumps of tin...
Matt Stolton - Technical Director (!!!) - Wilding Sound Ltd
"Sparkius metiretur vestra" - "Meter Your Mains"
spongebob View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spongebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2018 at 1:51pm
People who own F1 seem to think the brand has some sort of mystic (which perhaps may have been true a few years ago)

Only have to look at the number of people selling it over the last year or so to see that something somewhere is wearing off...
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2018 at 2:17pm
My advice is to steer completely clear--Leave "Big Boys Toys" to the big boys instead of opening a very big can of worms for yourselves.
boots-hifi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2018 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by spongebob spongebob wrote:

People who own F1 seem to think the brand has some sort of mystic (which perhaps may have been true a few years ago)

Only have to look at the number of people selling it over the last year or so to see that something somewhere is wearing off...

I think you’ll find all the kit for sale is older stock/models from rental companies making way for newer F1 kit or maybe something else more rider friendly.
100 Volt-line View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 100 Volt-line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2018 at 5:29pm
A friend and I thought about doing just this some 10 years ago, but upon doing a bit of market reserch, decided there was not a lot of a market for it on our radar.

Same friend and I also went to see the shiny metal river brigade about a big pile of well known French equipment, and decided against that too.

Pays your money and takes your chance.
APC321 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APC321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2018 at 6:28pm
A friend of mine has a very nice Funktion One rig (218 and res 4) here in the West Midlands and it does not seem to be getting hired out much.

Also when it does get hired out, it is not achieving the sort of rental rates that I would expect from such an expensive premium brand.

Maybe that is a comment on the marketplace at the moment.

But also I think that the basic rule of supply and demand applies.

ie. There are now many very good Funktion One systems available to hire these days, and this competition is driving rental prices down.

Ok..so you go out there and buy yourself a nice (very expensive) shiny Funktion One rig to hire out.

Will you actually get your money back over a reasonable period of time (maybe 3 years?) or will it be a white elephant thats just fun to have?
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2018 at 6:39pm
its all about markets, the sound system package rarely gets high price, loads of weekend warriors have some fairly nice setups available undercutting each other, and the guys with all the ancillaries for live sound see them as an easy dump and babysit job when theres nothing better on.

still, plenty of money out there for the right professionals with the right kit, its just breaking into that market. Running a business, ignore what you consider sexy and sounding good, get what you can market. I reckon with a pair of Bose L1 column things transported in my boot, i could make more profit than a newstart with £20k of funktion1.

Most my old used lighting stuff i hire turns a profit on its first gig LOL.

Edited by mk2_ginger_biscuit69 - 21 February 2018 at 6:40pm
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2018 at 7:38pm
That's very true Ginger....probably more profit in hiring out a pile of 'Norfolk reds' and some el-cheapo amps than £20k's worth of F1.
Be seeing you.
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2018 at 8:00pm

' norfolk reds '   which ones sound better ???  LOL
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
valve head777 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valve head777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2018 at 8:16pm
Basic building blocks, makes a good system.
Freedom of choice, choice of freedom.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>