Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Funktion One res2 alternative woofer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angelow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Funktion One res2 alternative woofer
    Posted: 15 October 2018 at 9:45am
Hi, after upgrading the midrange with the 2" voice coil, I realized that the low resolution 2 section seems to be downsized. Has anyone ever tried an alternative or knows the hornresp data from the cashier to simulate an upgrade? I thought of a 4 ohm woofer to take advantage of the power of the amplifier. I tried with a B & C 15tbx100-4, and actually the sound improves as definition and pressure. But it is a cone made at random, perhaps with a faital hp1030, or with another driver b & c there would be a better improvement .. What do you recommend? 400w aes are few, certainly a woofer with more excursion of 4 ohms would easily do the double ..
corell View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2018 at 1:58pm
try 15ndl88
Angelow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angelow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2018 at 1:45pm
would not a 4" voice coil be better?
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2018 at 6:34pm
just like your post, bigger is not always better...
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
Jimmer View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2018 at 6:53pm
LOL
Light travels faster than sound....That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2018 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by csg csg wrote:

just like your post, bigger is not always better...

Unfortunately, that's what she said.... Wink
FrederikMA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrederikMA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2018 at 11:55am
Excuse me if it's a language barrier on my behalf, but what do you mean by "but it is a cone made at random"?
When it comes to voice coils, bigger quite simply IS better. There is no reason it shouldn't be the case.
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2018 at 1:10pm
the res2 15" section has to play up to 250hz doesn't it? high for a bandpass horn. many would say a driver with a smaller coil than 4" might fare better in that role.
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2018 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by cravings cravings wrote:

the res2 15" section has to play up to 250hz doesn't it? high for a bandpass horn. many would say a driver with a smaller coil than 4" might fare better in that role.
Agreed, if I remember correctly a 3 inch coil is preferred over a 4 in Cubo kick bins for this reason.
Danny A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2018 at 7:01pm
Just fit the proper driver unless you want your speaker to sound like sh1t

Angelow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angelow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2018 at 7:36am

originally they mount a cone with 4 "coil. So why put a smaller coil? With the b & c 15tbx100, you get a good sound. but as I said it was put there for proof .. maybe there are 100 other better ones. The original fane is definitely an excellent component, but: 1 there is no 4 ohm version 2 to limit the power in only 400w, it is not the power, but the excursion, which in the horn becomes too much exceeded a certain power 3 it is true that if you increase the excursion you have to have more power in the magnetic group, otherwise it goes down the efficiency at the top. 4 I do not want to say that in the 90s f1 did not do a good project, but having passed several years have come out so many new drivers .. 5 the upgrade of the midrange helps to have greater margin in the use of the limiter, but the company I believe for commercial reasons does not want to release a better updated bass driver otherwise it would compete with the more expensive and higher series. 6 In 90% I do not recommend touching what sounds good, but having a couple of extra db at the bottom is the need for a club that is good enough to cover the track with the mids, but with a medium too low back , would need 2 db more, changing the final would have margin of break, using a cone with more power and impedance 4 ohms would have more power reserve and amplifier away from the clip.

Edited by Angelow - 19 October 2018 at 7:38am
Father-Francis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2018 at 7:58am
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>