Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

General setting for biamp 2x15”+2”

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2019 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by serioussound serioussound wrote:

My Event 6000 is more powerful than the Eminence cabs but I really like the portability of the smaller Eminence cabs. What do you suggest for upgrading them to closer level of the Eminence? Can I keep HF horn and driver and put in more powerful 15" for example?

I don´t understand - are you now trying to alter the characteristics of the RCF cabs by changing the 15" driver?

That really doesn´t sound like a good idea to me. You already know that the RCF 15" is a lot more sensitive than the Eminence. Replacing with something 'more powerfull' will most probably mean less dB´s - and change the balance of the cab. Also, the crossovers in the cabs are going to be optimised for those drivers, so start messing with that and the thing will get very complicated - and most probably never sound as good.

Your best bet is to try the 2.5 idea with the Eminence. That should improve the way they sound and solve your problem.  Smile

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
serioussound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serioussound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2019 at 4:57pm
I was thinking to see if I can buy some used 15” drivers to replace the Eminence that was my thought...

The Event 6000 I will sell or keep as fullrange party speakers they are terrible tu put on top of dual 18 cabs 🙈

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serioussound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2019 at 4:59pm
My plan was never to remove the RCF 15” from the Event 6000 ...

Sorry my english is not the very best.
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2019 at 6:50pm
Ok, no problem.  Smile

Try find some speakers that will give you more sensitivity - and a flatter response - not power. Those Deltas really aren´t very good. All these Eminence drivers seem to have a horrible peaky response around 1k-2kHz. I once tried out some Kappas and they were even worse.  Dead

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2019 at 8:18pm
If you're interested I actually have 4 used RCF MB15H401's which are absolutely stunning for this kind of job.  They were removed from some cabs which had seen better days before heading for scrap.  Drivers are near enough perfect condition though.

Only problem, your currently nice, light, easy to lift cabs won't be once you put these in!  You might want to consider some neo options.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serioussound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2019 at 8:35pm
You can send me pm with pricetag?

The weight I think would be ok to handle its the terrible size of the event 6000 cabs that makes them so bad to put up on the subs.....
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2019 at 10:02pm
if you want to try the 2.5way crossover with two 4R drivers in series the B&C 15NDL88 looks good but are expensive. Oberton do a couple of 8R neo 15s that look good too.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serioussound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2019 at 10:05pm
Ok the budget is smsll for this project so probably I need to buy some used drivers
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2019 at 10:08pm

Ok the budget is smsll for this project so probably I need to buy some used drivers

take up ceharden's offer then - parameter-wise those are really well suited.
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2019 at 11:32pm
PM Sent.  If you did want them and could bring a cab down when you collect the drivers I might be able to do a quick bit of processor tuning to get you started.

I've been hanging onto them in case I think of a project for them but I've got plenty of stuff in that category!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serioussound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2019 at 4:46pm
I now got some Beyma 15G450 would these do ok in this kind of cab or is it just for subs?
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2019 at 9:23pm

I now got some Beyma 15G450 would these do ok in this kind of cab or is it just for subs?

they aren't quite as sensitive as the other drivers suggested, and still quite heavy. high Le isn't great either. sell them and put the money toward a more suitable driver.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>