Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Buying and Selling > Stuff For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crown Macrotech 3600VZ

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggyjames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crown Macrotech 3600VZ
    Posted: 02 November 2017 at 1:50am
Hi team,

I'm posting this mainly because I've got myself into a pickle, and would like to give a heads-up to any SP-ers who might be watching / attempting to communicate...or generally thinking of selling.

I tried to give a guy who made a best offer my phone number, as I wanted to discuss getting the amp to him (really don't want to courier something this heavy - I've demo'd the last few amps I've sold - but I also didn't want to agree to the sale if it turned out he was in the Outer Hebrides). His written communication was a little brief, so I figured he might be a talker! Turns out eBay have had a major clamp-down on that (never used to be an issue)...and I'm now barred from all communications (including responding to best offers), probably for a week (although they haven't said). I can't even add a note to the listing to that effect, as you can't revise a listing when you have outstanding best offers (which I can't reject). Balls.

None of this was helped because I sent the offending messages from the mobile website, which just said "Can't send the message at this time. Try again later"...which I did, until I was barred. Only when I went to the full website did it explain that it wasn't sending messages because I was being naughty. Apparently. Of course you can't just email eBay, and their phone lines and live chat appear to be on restricted hours. Plus last time I phoned them (about an item I bought), it was an absolute joke. Balls again.

Anyway, here it is:

I'd like £450 in my hand for it. I guess that's about £500 on eBay. In view of the mess described above, and the hassle it's causing me, I'm tempted to say they can get knotted for their fees, on this occasion. I've sold plenty of stuff on there before without hassle - I joined in 2001! I'm certainly never selling an item like this on there again. Tempted to try Gumtree. I hope admin doesn't think I'm taking the proverbial, in view of the above tale of woe.

Apologies for the essay, but I thought it might be useful info, both for anyone who's interested in the item, and for sellers in general.

cheers

James (aka Grumpy of Lincoln)
 Post Reply Post Reply