Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

W-Audio Elite 2K5 power issues.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray-j-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: W-Audio Elite 2K5 power issues.
    Posted: 03 November 2017 at 12:17am
I attempted to use my amplifier (which i use to drive two Peavey Hisys 118XT's) the other day, with only one speaker active, and it did nothing. after a bit of fiddling about trying to get it to work (the usual, changing cables, removing it from the rack and checking the internals (even considering its age it looked almost brand new, no signs of any blown capacitors or the like) i could still not work out what the issue was. thee amp itself is definitely getting power as when the switch is flipped on the front you can audibly hear a "hum" coming from the coil, however, no LED's turn on and the fan stays inactive. the circuit breaker on the back has certainly not flicked and  as far as i could see  nothing looked out of the ordinary from my experience of circuit boards...

as its a bit of  a random amplifier that i myself even struggle to find information on, i would be happy to upload some pictures of it if it would help. i am honestly stumped by them myself so anything anyone has that might help would be great.

a bit of information on use, in case that might help, they were last used at a garden party where the amplifier was sat in its rack (well above the floor) overnight. one possibility could be to do with the fact 3 people were sleeping in the Marquee it was placed in overnight, and the windows got pretty steamed up. haze was  also let off in the Marquee, however my other amplifier was above it and it still works fine.

the setup simply consists of a jack to RCA, then an RCA to XLR  into a Behringer Super-X Pro, which then outputs Left and right to the two speaker amplifiers, a smaller 800 watt one for the satellites and the 2k5 for the subs (the subs are only 4ohm and i think the satellites are too, so daisy chaining them was unfortunately not an option).
If music be the food of love, I mustn't have the right volume.
 Post Reply Post Reply