Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best way to seal a driver in acabinet ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Safetyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2017 at 2:31pm
So, put them all back together, and tested them this morning in the conservatory, albeit at lowish volume. One of the speakers has the back to normal high output from the treble, but the other is lagging behind . I did swop the leads round etc, to make sure that it was not due to any amp/lead problems, so it looks as though one of them is still not well. i suppose that I should wait until I have had a chance to test them at normal gig volume levels, before passing judgement..... Any ideas csg ?
Protect your hearing, and feel the music.

MU South East Roving Safety Rep.
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2017 at 9:39pm
Could it be internal wiring ie phasing issues?
Safetyman View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Safetyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2017 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by SamV SamV wrote:

Don't think so, Sam, as it is the original wiring which Tony did himself, inc a Rolls Royce of a crossover which he also made himself. I have checked all the wiring connections, and cleaned them all-up so should be ok... Cheers

Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2017 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by Safetyman Safetyman wrote:

Originally posted by SamV SamV wrote:

Don't think so, Sam, as it is the original wiring which Tony did himself, inc a Rolls Royce of a crossover which he also made himself. I have checked all the wiring connections, and cleaned them all-up so should be ok... Cheers

Just stick a 9V/12V battery on the input and check that the speakers move in the same direction. I´ve had some suprises over the years.   Ouch

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
Safetyman View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Safetyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2017 at 9:47pm

Just stick a 9V/12V battery on the input and check that the speakers move in the same direction. I´ve had some suprises over the years.   Ouch
[/QUOTE]

Ok, thanks, I will try that too. Cheers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123