Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > HD 15 horn
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help for make a HD 15 / 215

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pachinrivas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help for make a HD 15 / 215
    Posted: 14 November 2017 at 8:29am
Hi! im spanish and im not very good speaking english, but i try my best.
i have 2 das fullrange towers(2x15'') and 2 subs das too(2x18"), and i wanna make a kick/mid range speaker for a 3-way sound system 
im new on this world, and i want a little of help. what hd15 or hd215 should i make?

Edited by pachinrivas - 14 November 2017 at 8:47am
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2017 at 7:39pm
since you have 4 x 15" already, maybe a better idea would be to check and optimize your processing. You should give a lot more information. 

What type of music do you play? Live? DJ? Genre? 
What kind of venues (event places)? How big?
How big is your audience usually? 
What kind of Amplifiers & processing are you using?
Crossover settings? frequencies etc....

It sounds like you have a good basic speaker system for small to medium(ish) club gigs. DAS audio is a good manufacturer. It shouldn't need additional kick bins if it is a factory system (subs & tops designed to work together).

Maybe you are loosing kick because of bad crossover settings, or you have a weak amp on your tops, lots of possible explanations. Tell us more, and let's see..... Thumbs Up

pachinrivas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pachinrivas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2017 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by bob4 bob4 wrote:

since you have 4 x 15" already, maybe a better idea would be to check and optimize your processing. You should give a lot more information. 

What type of music do you play? Live? DJ? Genre? 
What kind of venues (event places)? How big?
How big is your audience usually? 
What kind of Amplifiers & processing are you using?
Crossover settings? frequencies etc....

It sounds like you have a good basic speaker system for small to medium(ish) club gigs. DAS audio is a good manufacturer. It shouldn't need additional kick bins if it is a factory system (subs & tops designed to work together).

Maybe you are loosing kick because of bad crossover settings, or you have a weak amp on your tops, lots of possible explanations. Tell us more, and let's see..... Thumbs Up

We do live events with dj controllers, cdj etc. we play drum and bass, crossbreed, harcore, all kinds of electronic music...
always is outdoor events and the audience is usually 150 - 200 people
my amp are : italian style xxx with 2x900w 4hom (i think is a copy from another amp) & stageline sta-1000 with 2x500rms 4ohm
and i use a dbx driverack pa (i cut with 2 crossovers, low from 0 to 250Hz and then for tops 250hz to up) but towers always have too much high power, so i limit they with dbx limiter to -10db more or less) on low i limit to -2 or -4db
Now, i bought a new amp and 2 new boxes with a double kick 15'' and i will buy some emminence drivers to make a kick box to put over the subs, so ill have 2 (2x18 subs with das audio with 600rms per cone) 2 (2x15 kick with  http://www.thomann.de/es/eminence_delta15lfa.htm - https://www.thomann.de/es/eminence_delta15lfa.htm ) and 2 towers das mi-215
tell me things :) thx
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2017 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by pachinrivas pachinrivas wrote:

low from 0 to 250Hz and then for tops 250hz to up

Ouch

That is your problem, wrong settings! You are crossing over too high, and completely wasting the potential of your four 15" woofers! Set the crossover to something between 80 - 100 Hz, and you will get plenty of kick from your full range cabs. 

get rid of that other stuff you have bought, you don't need it at all. Adding more stuff will just make it worse. 

You could look at a more powerful amp for the tops though to make sure it can handle the kick, but 500 W RMS should be fine. 

EDIT: is this your subwoofer's model? 

http://www.dasaudio.com/en/p/st-182-2/

Edited by bob4 - 20 December 2017 at 7:50pm
pachinrivas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pachinrivas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2017 at 3:04pm
i have this equip:
http://es.tinypic.com/r/bf5ks4/9
i cut over (250Hz cause i have more W on subs than my towers... so i think more distributed... )
but ill try to cut on 80-100Hz next time ill play my sound and then the towers to 80-100Hz to 20k
and yes, i need more amp for my tops, but i bought a new amp lab gruppen then i will put my sub amp to the towers...
 Post Reply Post Reply