Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ohm mr 130i

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassdesigner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ohm mr 130i
    Posted: 15 November 2017 at 9:37am
Are these the old br6? They look the same but cannot find anything online about them?
Hemisphere View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2017 at 9:51am
There are a couple of websites that seem to list a speaker that looks identical to the BR6 as an MR130i or MR260i (seemingly interchangeable)

http://ohm.ru/soundsystems.html

But the vast majority of image search results for mr130i brings up a totally different speaker with "mr130i' clearly printed on the front.

If anything the BR6 is an updated MR-260i. The format is the same but the drivers look different.

Also the porting is different. MR-260i has two bass ports on the rear, BR6 has one.

Edit: Much more interesting from the Ohm.ru website though is this happy character:

Edited by Hemisphere - 15 November 2017 at 10:20am
Phase 1: Post on Speakerplans
Phase 2: ?????
Phase 3: Profit!
bassdesigner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassdesigner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2017 at 1:48pm
Haha thanks for the reply after looking round it seems identical to the br5 grill included, i picked them up from a local cash convertors for 20 quid and on the rear it has one port and a set of binding post terminals with some information. It says ohm mr130i 100 watts and that is it, they also have the foam fronts as well.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2017 at 1:57pm
So basically they had an old model of speaker called the mr-130i (pictured in my post), then they changed the design to what is now the br5, but they continued calling them mr-130i for a little bit before changing the name, and that's what you've got?
Pasi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pasi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2017 at 10:19am
MR-130i became to BR-5, and went through 3 variations i think before turning into CT-6. After that it became BR-6 on the current range.

MR-260i is the old BR-6, current BR-26 in the range.

I think.

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2017 at 10:52am
You missed the 4th variation between the BR-5 and the CT-6 where it turned into a frog.
 Post Reply Post Reply