Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Electrovoice EVID

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Electrovoice EVID
    Posted: 15 November 2017 at 2:08pm
No idea how these perform but I'm loving the innovation on the form.

Phase 1: Post on Speakerplans
Phase 2: ?????
Phase 3: Profit!
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2017 at 3:10pm
They're a bit crap sadly. Plenty of install injection moulded boxes in that format though. Apart for example.
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2017 at 3:18pm
Utter shit.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
dylan-penguinmedia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan-penguinmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2017 at 5:08pm
What they said.
One of the worst install boxes I’ve had the misfortune of listening to.
APC321 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APC321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2017 at 5:25pm
I seem to remember that the magnet on the tweeter (which was glued to the box!)is about the size of a 10p coin when I had to replace one many years ago.

Went on holiday recently to Spain, and a bar had about eight of these installed.

I thought they all sounded a bit strange, and on listening a bit more carefully, ALL of them had blown tweeters.

(A bit sad that the bar was running a system like this).

Avoid.
kevin tyler View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin tyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2017 at 5:56pm
I use to work in a bar without about 20 of these at 2 meter intervals all over the place, in two zones, wow ( not )

had to sing through them which was horrible, why thebloke didn’t just buy a decent pa was beyond me.

Really pretty though.
WessexAudioMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WessexAudioMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2017 at 7:05pm
Bad, just really bad. Im sure they are on par with citronic/QTX stuff that looks similar, that least that stuff is super cheap. Had to repair a few of them Ev's over the years, a JBl control 1 will do better! 

SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2017 at 12:31am
I tried these out recently, said no within minutes. I went with some Yamaha cabs in the end whih were pretty spot on. I also purchased an el cheapo 6.5" ceiling speaker from Amazon for around a tenner for the stock room which sounded better than the EVs.
100 Volt-line View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 100 Volt-line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2017 at 3:46pm
The 6.2 is the best of the bunch. I have a few, and they have their uses, but as others have said, there are better. Had to replace some of the drivers, and was disapointed when I (eventually) got into them, to see cheapo Chineese drivers with an extra 'doughnut' of ferrite superglued to the magnet. Felt a bit let down by EV, and not bought any of their stuff since. The drivers in my old S200's (not SX) were quite sturdy looking if memory serves me correctly.
VECTORDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VECTORDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2017 at 2:09pm
JBL Control 28 is way better. The EVIDs I installed sucked. Never again.
dylan-penguinmedia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan-penguinmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2017 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by efinque efinque wrote:

... they're pretty good.

Nope.
Wikl109 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wikl109 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2017 at 12:46am
I've always liked the look of the EVID series but can't say i've ever used or fitted any so couldn't comment on performance.
Like VectorDJ the JBL Control Contractor series would always have been my weapon of choice.
Cheers, Chris.
 Post Reply Post Reply