Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Expanding Foam in Scoop

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valve head777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2017 at 10:00am
TThe scoop section donsnt normally use 18 mm ply. To reiterate, my mid horns really benefited, as would the scoop section.
Freedom of choice, choice of freedom.
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2017 at 8:27am
i ripped the scoops section out of mine where there was a void behind it, i replaced it with sections using  24mm pieces doubled up to 48mm,i  did 2 and ab tested them with the curved 2, the diff was very notable Wink 
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
T_! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2017 at 9:36am

Edited by T_! - 21 November 2017 at 9:36am
Macabre Unit/ Stink Like Sock/ Sub.FM/
MINTEVENTRESOURCES View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MINTEVENTRESOURCES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2017 at 11:11am
All of this feedback is great. I will be adding the expandable foam as ripping out my scoop section doesn’t seem wise as the boxes are already sprayed with Linex. Furthermore, I will be adding a brace from the rear baffle to the rear of the box. This should strengthen up the box a bit and I’m hoping for a noticeable increase in performance.
Mint Event Resources
Hemisphere View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2017 at 12:16pm
Sounds exciting - will you do one at a time and offer some a/b test reports? Maybe even before and after measurements.
Phase 1: Post on Speakerplans
Phase 2: ?????
Phase 3: Profit!
MINTEVENTRESOURCES View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MINTEVENTRESOURCES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2017 at 6:35am
Well one down and 23 more to go. The foam and braces have proven to be a worthy modification! There is a increase in output, overall tone, and more pressure from the box. One box on a QSC 6.0pfc with one signal light on literally was knocking items off the shelves. Overall, I am impressed. This improves the rigidity of the box and allows for more sound to actually exit the mouth instead of being lost through the scoop and rear of the box. Keep in mind I’m a bit different then most and play my scoop from 22hz to 88hz or so. Thanks all for your input I would recommend that this be done to other scoopers! Unfortunately, I am unable to provide any computer data.
Mint Event Resources
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123