Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Speaker management system

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2017 at 9:45pm
You don't need 2 DCX units either,  each one has 6 outputs and you're only running 5 way so you will have 1 left over.
Teunos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teunos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2017 at 10:09pm
Yeah thats what i thought too. But he is probably someone with one of those reggae pre amps that have built in magic crossovers which if he insists on using, will need two units to process all inputs.
Best regards,
Teun.
Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2017 at 10:30pm
Yes I bet you are right and if so I'm not sure how he thinks this is gonna work if he doesn't bypass most of the preamp functions.

Actually I think I have an idea on that, if the preamp has insert points the DCX could be plugged in there and then the DCX outputs could come back to the preamp and continue as normal. Kind of redundant I know but as stated elsewhere the normal rules don't apply with these reggae rigs.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12