Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crest Pro 200 low voltage problems.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Maki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crest Pro 200 low voltage problems.
    Posted: 21 November 2017 at 11:27pm
I have a Crest Pro 5200 that seems to have problems with low supply voltage.

I had problems with it power cycling at a gig so I put it on the bench, 1 channel driven into 6 ohms with 120v supply it will go all day. If I drop the supply voltage to about 107 v it will cut out with that load.

It is the only Pro 200 series amp I own so I don't have another to compare it to but I am thinking it should be able to run on voltages lower then that.

Anyone have some experience with these amps?

Thanks
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2017 at 8:53am
Supply range is 100-132V AC for the north american version which is is written in the manual, but I saved you the time by reading it for you.
Kevin

North Staffordshire

Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2017 at 11:39am
Once you go below 115 volts you are going to encounter abnormal behaviour. I am uncertain why you would want the amplifier to operate well on 107 volts.

Best Regards, 
Elliot Thompson
 Post Reply Post Reply