Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Limited exposure due to location,PKN & Powrsoft ??
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Limited exposure due to location,PKN & Powrsoft ??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sound Chippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Limited exposure due to location,PKN & Powrsoft ??
    Posted: 26 November 2017 at 2:42pm
Hi sorry if this has been asked or put forth to the diy community does anyone have first hand experience with PKN LC4004U 4 channel power amps? How would you compare the Powersoft MQ50 power amp to one I mention … Looking to upgrade my amps on my mid hi’s run my bms 4594 HE’s active and still have 2 channels left for my mid bass which are double 12”. Any thoughts or recommendations regarding these two manufactures? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Currently run SAE PCM20 for my subs if that makes for a clearer picture.
Kind regards Dave
U.Viktor View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote U.Viktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2017 at 10:00am
The M50Q has higher specs (on paper..) but has lot less real capacitors than the LC4004U inside.
Personally I think the LC4004U has better sound quality on most of the drivers and goes higher in frequency range, some 65KHz or so vs. 28KHz (-3dB) of the M50Q.
My listening experience are supported by the obviously more complex grade output filter in the PKN.

I would lot less afraid to operate the LC in dirty conditions than the M50Q which unfortunate sensitive to smoke liquids, wet & dirt..
 Post Reply Post Reply