Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ideas/Plans for 'Hard trance' SoundSystem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harryburt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ideas/Plans for 'Hard trance' SoundSystem
    Posted: 28 November 2017 at 9:15pm
Hello,
I am unexperienced with SoundSystems but plan to build my first SoundSystem which will mainly play HardTrance, Techno, Bass-line for small crowds. i want the system to be a long lasting project that i can always add too. Any recommended bass bins, kick bins cabinet designs specific for these genres? Good starting passive mid/highs? Is it possible to start with kick bins? i will use the system both inside and outside.
Any help is appreciated, sorry for the lack of info, i just need to know where to start with all these options.
harryburt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harryburt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2017 at 9:17pm
Still looking for amps as well 
dylan-penguinmedia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dylan-penguinmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2017 at 9:33pm
3 x HD15s a side will start you off..,
Then some 12+1 midtops, which you can use as monitors as your system grows. Few amps, and a Behringer Ultradrive. Nice little starter rig.

Then double the amount of HD15s and tops...
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2017 at 9:34pm
I provided sound for many years for hardstyle, hardcore, hard trance and house nights with two pairs of HD215's and a pair of MT102's, that system gave a real kick in the chest and sounded superb for those genres, however, on certain tracks I could tell that the real low notes were missing and I was planning on adding X1's to the system but then my plans changed and I sold it all. 
 When you say you are unexperienced, how unexperienced? The above system took a fair bit of processing, it sounded far from good straight out of the box, do you know how to set up crossover points, limiters, eq and delay etc? Also, will you be building the cabs yourself?
harryburt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harryburt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2017 at 11:01pm
The HD15/HD215 are for kick bins and the MT102 for mid top? And as for the speakers and suggestions? plan to spend around a grand including cabinets to start with. ill be spending a good amount of time on researching how to setup crossover point etc. My friend who is a skilled carpenter will help build the cabinets. Thanks for the help.
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2017 at 9:49pm
Yep, HD's for kick, MT's for mid top. But, £1000 isn't going to get you far unfortunately, I would follow Dylans advice above and start small with some cheap but reasonably good second hand kit (as in, nothing with chipboard cabs and piezos or 'Skytec', 'Soundlab' or 'Qtx' written on it!) and then expand as funds allow.  
nuclearbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2017 at 10:36pm
The HD route is great, I started with 4, then 6, then 12, then added X1 bins.
Great fun those Hds
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
Tonskulus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonskulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2017 at 8:46am
I would go for Martin 115 style horns. Two or more / side.

X1 or similar for subs, if required. 

Post Reply Post Reply