Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Lighting Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lighting for begginer?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supremesoundz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2017 at 7:06am
have some Robe club scans going cheap at the moment. Love them but they just dont get used much for what i do
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2017 at 7:27am
Originally posted by supremesoundz supremesoundz wrote:

have some Robe club scans going cheap at the moment. Love them but they just dont get used much for what i do

If we are going down that route.. I have a pair of iSolution iMove 5's that I don't use as often as I should in South East London
(Fully working with the hand remote that goes with them)
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2017 at 10:16am
Ive got a kenwood chef i dont use very much if you'd like to buy it.

I think dmx is a good idea when you start out. Even if you only use it to turn stuff on and off remotely and have it working on stand alone sound active it still gives some more dynamic.

You can then start to add programming in as and when have time or want it.

I dont do raves though so maybe my need for color washes and turning the lazers amd moving heads off is different from yours.

I'll add that the wiring is a massive ball ache though...

I recently converted all off my fixtures to wireless and its much better having knocked an hour of set up and drop times.
Old king coles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old king coles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2017 at 3:25pm
Thanks guys! Really appreciate your replies
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2017 at 5:47pm
I've got these which you can DMX or standalone or master/slave if you want a ravey/laser effect/fast scanner without all the safety issues of lasers.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1560228187338740.1073741842.215865861774986&type=1&l=b9c9960b1d
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2017 at 10:58pm
nortys lights above would be awesome in a rave, id buy them but they wouldn't suit my needs at this current moment....

realistically, this lot probably cost me under a grand, buying dribs n drabs on the 'bay as and when it seemed useful. Great thing with cheap kit is it tends to be in profit after one use!!

''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2017 at 12:51am
You got all those scanners and moving heads PLUS all the rest for UNDER a grand????

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2017 at 2:04am
stuff that works DMX only sells far cheaper as 90% of users dont bother/dont understand it, they want plug n play, collection only auctions get less as you limit your market to people who can arsed to get it, a lot of what i buy is 'untested' which 90% of the time repairable if you're hands on, etc etc.

Those DMX blinders up top with built in dimmers cost 99p for the pair sold from repossession as broken as A: both had one lamp blown stopping both working on test function, and B: will otherwise only work DMX. Lamps weren't cheap but you get the idea...

i do travel west to east a lot, so my scope for economically viable collection covers most the South of UK, and have lots of time in the dayjob to troll buy and sell pages/groups for bargains.

''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2017 at 7:18am
Looks like an early ed209 prototype.

Loving the par cans with the gel filters, old skool enought to be cool now!
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2017 at 12:32pm
Tends to get used for bar lighting and other general light duties, don't think they will see a stage again

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12