Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mid Top recommendations to sit above Cubos

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2017 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by rosssss224 rosssss224 wrote:

We didnt build them actually. Saw them for sale for £160 so couldn't say no!

Now that is a bargain! Any idea what they are loaded with?

Originally posted by charlysays charlysays wrote:

I dunno, im starting to wonder if my idea of what sounds and feels good is not what "is" good lol

Ive felt the same when Ive had the rig out, my problem is that I havent heard enough rigs, most of what Ive DJ'd on have been installed (Rank/Northern Leisure) so building & setting up a 'sound system' is a complete new ball game to me. I want to start pushing the rig / lighting / marquee next year, rather than the nights im running hence wanting to get some semi-decent tops so I know im covered

Originally posted by cravings cravings wrote:

mt101 are just a single 10" version of the mt102 on the main speakerplans site.

Do you know despite looking at these a few times (the MT102) they have passed me by (for whatever reason) the MT102 is now top of my list, this may well change tomorrow LOL

Edited by IainB - 09 December 2017 at 11:17pm
charlysays View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlysays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by IainB IainB wrote:

Originally posted by rosssss224 rosssss224 wrote:

We didnt build them actually. Saw them for sale for £160 so couldn't say no!

Now that is a bargain! Any idea what they are loaded with?

I dunno, im starting to wonder if my idea of what sounds and feels good is not what "is" good lol

Ive felt the same when Ive had the rig out, my problem is that I havent heard enough rigs, most of what Ive DJ'd on have been installed (Rank/Northern Leisure) so building & setting up a 'sound system' is a complete new ball game to me. I want to start pushing the rig / lighting / marquee next year, rather than the nights im running hence wanting to get some semi-decent tops so I know im covered

Originally posted by cravings cravings wrote:

mt101 are just a single 10" version of the mt102 on the main speakerplans site.

Do you know despite looking at these a few times (the MT102) they have passed me by (for whatever reason) the MT102 is now top of my list, this may well change tomorrow LOL
I did a festival gig at the weekend with four cubo subs (7kw) and a couple of JBL SP215-9 tops which I got cheap after xmas and have done a simple refurb on (straightened and repainted grills, fitted a new used woofer as one was literally toast- even the cab was slightly charred from the fire). There were no issues whatsoever with clarity of the mid top with live music or DJ... was super clear and sweet sounding, the comps kept up with four cubo subs no worries.
The engineer was pretty experienced and said it was a great sounding system. Keep an eye out for this late 90s/ early 00s soundpower stuff as it often seems to go ridiculously cheap considering a JBL 2226H is £370 new and a JBL 2447J comp is £950 new! High end speakers for cheap potentially!
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 6:59pm

...Keep an eye out for this late 90s/ early 00s soundpower stuff as it often seems to go ridiculously cheap considering a JBL 2226H is £370 new and a JBL 2447J comp is £950 new! High end speakers for cheap potentially!

Shhhh! You're not supposed to tell anyone that! But it's what I've done when looking for 2226's.
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
charlysays View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlysays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2018 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by djeddie djeddie wrote:

...Keep an eye out for this late 90s/ early 00s soundpower stuff as it often seems to go ridiculously cheap considering a JBL 2226H is £370 new and a JBL 2447J comp is £950 new! High end speakers for cheap potentially!

Shhhh! You're not supposed to tell anyone that! But it's what I've done when looking for 2226's.

Good point lol. Long may it continue! Loving these SP215-9 tops. Kept up with four cubos with ease, super clear vocals, all for £130 odd.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12