Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cloud 46/50 speaker output connectors?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlysays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cloud 46/50 speaker output connectors?
    Posted: 09 December 2017 at 5:59pm
Just been asked to fit a low SPL playback system in a small pub.
Got a mint cloud 46/50 to run probably 8 X 8r hifi speakers.

I've used the 44/50 a few times in other installs but they all had screw clamps for the speaker wires, however this one just has a terminal block with pins.

Could someone please link me to a source for the connectors for this? Ideally would be nice to have doubles rather than in one big block so each speaker can be plugged in separately.

Many thanks
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2017 at 6:05pm
Do you mean these things?
Avalable in different spacings, these are the common 5mm, next major size up is 7.62mm as I'm sure you could guess.

https://www.rapidonline.com/truconnect-2-way-12a-250v-free-plug-5mm-pitch-21-2800

and the 7.62mm

Edited by kedwardsleisure - 09 December 2017 at 6:09pm
Kevin

North Staffordshire

charlysays View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlysays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2017 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by kedwardsleisure kedwardsleisure wrote:

Do you mean these things?
Avalable in different spacings, these are the common 5mm, next major size up is 7.62mm as I'm sure you could guess.

https://www.rapidonline.com/truconnect-2-way-12a-250v-free-plug-5mm-pitch-21-2800

and the 7.62mm

Ah you are a star mate... thank you. I did a google earlier but could one find an 8 block one.

I read the manual and it says 5mm so I'll get some ordered.

Really don't understand why they got rid of the screw clamps though... less chance of shorting the outputs?
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2017 at 6:34pm
Quick plug and play! Both my cloud amps at work and it's 4way zoners all use them. Phoenix connectors or something is their name when Google'ing.

It makes life a ton easier if you need to fault find or swap out an amp!

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
 Post Reply Post Reply