Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

name needed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Future-House Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: name needed
    Posted: 12 December 2017 at 12:32am
what these turbosound cabs called at the bottom?
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2017 at 12:50am
TSW-218. They reused the name for a later box so make sure you're looking at the right one.
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2017 at 1:27am
TSE218 surely?
4AC View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4AC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2017 at 8:12am
Turbosound TSE 218

uǝɿɿɐʌǝ6ɯo sı ʇsʞǝʇ ǝzǝp
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2017 at 9:16am
Put the hornmouths together :-)

AAnd YES TSE, NOT TSW, that's a much more recent model, TSE is OLD
www.facebook.com/babysoundsystem
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2017 at 10:22am
Definitely TSE218 and like above, restack with the mouths together---in the late seventies early eighties we used to have stacks identical to the above pics and they were a very well balanced punchy system--one stack per side for live bands was pretty awesome in a small venue but it was a bit of a bowel heaver to get the TMS3s on top.
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2017 at 5:31pm
I used to have some HD215's that were built side by side like the 15" section of the TMS3's above. I always stacked them mouth to mouth purely for aesthetic reasons but at one gig I noticed after I had stacked the mids and tops on and ratcheted everything down that I had one box the 'wrong' way around, as I couldn't be arsed and neither had the time to turn it around I left it as it was and can honestly say it didn't sound any different to the other stack which the HD's the 'right' way around. I was under the impression that with these sort of cabs the whole front is the horn mouth therefore it doesn't matter which way around they go? That said I would flip the top bass cab around in the above stack for the reason mentioned above.  
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2017 at 5:51pm
if anyone's looking for a pair of these (or for some tsw718s) then eh.. let me know..
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2017 at 7:01pm
TSE218's

TSW218 is the sub that goes with Aspect. Much more modern and a lot more powerful.
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
re-production View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote re-production Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2017 at 7:40pm
I wouldn't mind a pair, drop me a message!
Aman Gebru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aman Gebru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2017 at 12:08am
Indeed an awesome system for its day and one of Tim Isaac's best design's.

Wonder what ever happened to Tim after he left Turbosound. 

http://patents.justia.com/inventor/timothy-p-isaacs

Amazing that he filed his first patent in 1977.

madboffin View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madboffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2017 at 9:13pm
Er, I think you'll find Tim designed the Turbo Mid, it was Tony that did the Turbo Bass...

Tim spent many years at ATC who make (probably) the best studio monitors in the world, and designed most of their electronics.
He also designed (analogue) crossovers / speaker processors for Martin Audio, EAW and QRD Europe, amongst others.

Last I heard, he had retired...

Edited by madboffin - 17 December 2017 at 9:14pm
 Post Reply Post Reply