Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X10, X12, X15 and XM15
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

12 inch drivers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sounds4u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 12 inch drivers
    Posted: 18 December 2017 at 8:32am
Hi guys

Complements of the season to you all.

I have 4 single 12 mid high cabs with comps ( reflex loaded ) that I need to replace the 12 inch drivers. I do have 4 beyma cd10fe comps on the shelf which I will use. These cabs will always be used on poles above 18inch BR cabs so don't need it to go to low. It will be used mainly for weddings , party's etc.  Any suggestions will be great.

Peter Jan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Jan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2017 at 9:02am
Beyma 12MC500 or SM212
sounds4u View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sounds4u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2017 at 12:27pm
Thank you Peter.
The specs do look nice. Have you heard these particular models, do they sound good?
I have only had experience a few years ago with the Beyma SM112/N and they were good.
Peter Jan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Jan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2017 at 12:58pm
I have used both (others also) in several applications, reflex monitors, 12"+1" tops, closed cab mids in multiway setups.
Other brands and types too, but I seem to remember you said you have best access to Beyma and Faital, so that's why I only suggested these.
 Post Reply Post Reply