Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone interested in 21" Scoops?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2018 at 9:06pm
Alot of people dont know what they want until they hear it. I sold 12 scoops after one outing. And got redeye sales in from people who said they'd never change their pds right up until the night they heard it. So point being just get protos made, perfected. They dont cost much. If the final product is good it will sell. You have to speculate to accumilate
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.
Hemisphere View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2018 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

True Lev. Stipe's hog is the ultimate example of giving a free plan and have absolutely zero benefit from it.
There are whole sound systems out there based on his designs making tons of money without sending a simple thank you to Stipe.
Doubt he got 'absolutely zero' benefit from it. I mean, maybe he chose to take no benefit from it, but if he were applying for a job at, or trying to gather other professionals to form some kind of pro audio business, his creation of the Hog Scoop (among his other shared plans), and the phenomenal real world success of those plans over the alternatives, would be a strong testimony to his suitability for the role.

Edited by Hemisphere - 01 January 2018 at 9:20pm
Phase 1: Post on Speakerplans
Phase 2: ?????
Phase 3: Profit!
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2018 at 12:01am
Originally posted by luton_soundman luton_soundman wrote:

Alot of people dont know what they want until they hear it. I sold 12 scoops after one outing. And got redeye sales in from people who said they'd never change their pds right up until the night they heard it. So point being just get protos made, perfected. They dont cost much. If the final product is good it will sell. You have to speculate to accumilate

OK, will think about..

But we know there are a lot of timewasters in London Reggae Scene, they will hear 4x Scoops murk a venue, in a Soundcheck, be completely impressed, then go buy inferior Scoops, that cost more money.Wink
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
Sypa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sypa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2018 at 1:41am
No but seriously i think there is more interest now in 21" speakers than before, also there should be a new 21" plan coming out soon i hope NukeCool

MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2018 at 3:46am
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

OK, will think about..

But we know there are a lot of timewasters in London Reggae Scene, they will hear 4x Scoops murk a venue, in a Soundcheck, be completely impressed, then go buy inferior Scoops, that cost more money.Wink

That seem to be a global phenomena. 
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2018 at 12:33pm
The u.k is bigger than the london reggae scene. LOADS of scoop buyers arent even in the reggae scene. And agree lots of 21s coming out now some more affordable than others but even so. Everyone knows someone with a trade account. Check rcfs on blue aran atm i'll probably have 4 21s somepoint this year just for something new to play with. Providing they wipe the floor with what im using now 25-55hz wise.
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2018 at 1:32pm

The u.k is bigger than the london reggae scene. LOADS of scoop buyers arent even in the reggae scene. And agree lots of 21s coming out now some more affordable than others but even so. Everyone knows someone with a trade account. Check rcfs on blue aran atm i'll probably have 4 21s somepoint this year just for something new to play with. Providing they wipe the floor with what im using now 25-55hz wise.

There are plenty of 21" drivers out there, cheaper than new PD 18s!!! LOL

Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12