Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

nexo sp15 compatibility question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vickistead2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: nexo sp15 compatibility question
    Posted: 05 January 2018 at 2:31pm
Hi I'm wondering if you could help me, with a query. Please could you advice if nexo ps15 is compatible with RCF event series 1018 sub base bins, I already own the base bins but I'm worried that the nexo won't be compatible with the cross over frequency and would it be a simple case of plug and play 4core connections or will the ps series only work with nexo bins because of the nexo controller?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated

mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2018 at 8:21pm
it will work in the sense it will make a coherent noise, like any other speaker combination.

however, it wont be an optimum crossover, and as such will unlikely give optimum output. Knowing nexo there will be some phase and frequency manipulation to optimise what they have.

I would run the controller through the ps15's only [in full range mode], and use an external DSP to actually crossover the bass to midhi/controller, allowing you to play with xover points and filters to make best of it.

''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
 Post Reply Post Reply