Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My decks circa 93~94

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My decks circa 93~94
    Posted: 06 January 2018 at 8:22pm
Just came across a couple of photographs of my mobile rig back in the early 90s during setup.
  • Pair of Technics with Run-DMC slipmats and Stanton 500 carts.
  • Technics SL-CD1200 deck; I'd just sold the other to finance the purchase of the Denon.
  • Denon CD2000 newly 'plonked' on the deck, the Denon left-hand player died  a fortnight after the guarantee expired, and also ruined many CDs ('cos it didn't stop the disc from spinning before you pressed eject - so the spinning disc then spun on the mounts for the 3-inch mini-CD disc).
  • H|H V800 and an Amcron DC300a.
  • Speakers not in pic but in those days two pairs of CCM Invaders with Gauss 15's and Fane bullets inplace of the original Celection 15's and piezo, together with a pair of custom-made 2x10's (removed from a nightclub) with a Fane Studio 10 with rubber surround and a Fane small-magnet 10 together with a very large passive xover into (again) a pair of Fane bullets in each.
No LMS, both sets of speakers ran full-range, and I never ever had a shortage of top-end and the Gauss's in the CCM's gave me a wonderful bottom end Sleepy

Edited by BJtheDJ - 06 January 2018 at 8:23pm
If your vaccinations were mandatory and nobody in your class had measles,
then you know that you're not a Millenial kid.
</f
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2018 at 9:51pm
Your amp rack looks like it came out if a Lancaster bomber!
BJtheDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2018 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by JonB67 JonB67 wrote:

Your amp rack looks like it came out if a Lancaster bomber!

Rack is exactly what it was LOL LOL LOL LOL

No need for a flight case cos I was my own roadie and things don't get thrown about if they belong to me; it was actually made of ex-GPO rack components that I got ultra-cheapo in an auction (I was the sole bidder for what was about 3 cwt of metal rack components), it did the job for me very well since neither of my amps were deep; and with a nice smooth floor I could get my coffin on top and wheel them in together. Carefully, very carefully.

With my (then) Renault Master with low rear end, getting the stuff in and out was easy; plenty of room to hang lights from the roof as well.

If your vaccinations were mandatory and nobody in your class had measles,
then you know that you're not a Millenial kid.
</f
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2018 at 10:47pm
I started DJ-ing in '97 with a guy who had been doing it since the '70's, I cut my teeth on set ups like that. Awesome!Smile  

Oh, and never mind a Renault Master, I used to get shoved in the back of a Morris Ital van wherever there was a gap between the kit. Big smile

Edited by njw - 06 January 2018 at 10:49pm
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2018 at 10:21am
1977/8

Big FAL 100w mixer amp with, "presence" control
TK Double decks
2 x HH 15's
Lights and a few drink mixer crates of 7" records

All in a 1961 Mini Traveler (but it took two trips) 

Ah the days
It's everything, not everythink!
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2018 at 1:26pm
Nice system that Barry, great amps too,that would still sound nice today i bet. Thumbs Up
Be seeing you.
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2018 at 1:47pm
how times have changed  LOL
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
 Post Reply Post Reply