Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Computer Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spam filter.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spam filter.
    Posted: 08 January 2018 at 11:53am
I seem to be having a problem with e-mails going straight into my spam box. I had one which went into the spam box and by chance I found it. I marked as "Not spam", so it transferred to my inbox, then I replied, and his reply went..... straight into spam. I went through the same proceedure, mark as not spam, transfer to inbox and reply. His reply went...... wait for it...... into the spam box.

Just had another today, the customer sent the original enquiry on 27th December. Since I hadn't replied he mailed me again today. The first had gone direct to spam, the second came through to my inbox. Same e-mail address, same subject etc.

I seem to remember filling in a "Spam filter" with  subjects that were not to be treated as spam, in my case, grills, grilles, foam etc. It's a while ago so was probably on Windows XP, but it doesn't seem to exist on Win7.

Have tried contacting BT but as usual, "wait 5-6 mins for this..... wait 8-9 mins for that etc". Waste of time.

Any ideas?????

Edited by markie - 08 January 2018 at 11:54am
If it's got wheels or tits it's gonna cost a fortune
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2018 at 12:10pm
What program are you accessing emails with and who is your email provider? Are you accessing them via the internet (webmail) or via a standalone client such as Outlook or Thunderbird etc.

You might find that some of the spam filtering is being performed at the provider/ISP level at BT's end in which case you might be a bit out of luck. But it is odd that white listing an address as not spam results in messages from that person not hitting your inbox. Unless BT in their infinite wisdom has decided that they know better than you regardless and are applying a higher level filter to it.
markie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2018 at 12:43pm
Everything is with BT.
If it's got wheels or tits it's gonna cost a fortune
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2018 at 1:29pm
You are web based email Mark. It's all at their end. A client based email like outlook (not outlook.com) downloads it to the PC. In the latter case there are solutions.

As yours IIRC is web mail then

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9907/~/using-bt-yahoos-anti-spam-features
It's everything, not everythink!
 Post Reply Post Reply