Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

XTA DP202 battery failure?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: XTA DP202 battery failure?
    Posted: 17 January 2018 at 6:32pm
Good evening gents,

soooo….. I got a XTA DP202 Equalizer for fairly small money, but turning it on for the first time it announces "BATTERY FAILED" on the LCD screen….. anyone have experience with this issue? 

I assume that the dysfunctional battery will prevent the unit from remembering it's settings after I turn it off? I was able to access the normal menus after a while though, pressing "ENTER". 

I was assuming to find a good ol' CR3032 or something similar, but it turned out to be something slightly more exotic:

Sadly there seems to be no information in the user manual about battery failure, and I can't find a service manual or any online discussions on this topic. Do I have to fix this, or can I continue using the unit without worrying about that battery? 

Also, what's up with that weird network/control input socket? 8 pin DIN of some sorts, but the "THRU" and "OUT" look like standard RJ45….. I've been told that the user interface on these units is a pain in the arse, but it seems like I will not be able to remote control the unit because I don't have the magic cable….. Ouch

Any advice in general about this unit is highly welcome!

kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2018 at 1:12am
those can leak electrolyte over the board, the board will then dissolve and the unit will cease to function.
I'd stick a new battery in, they're common enough.
Kevin

North Staffordshire

bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2018 at 6:51am
I clearly should have haggled more. the seller of course assured me that the unit was "perfectly functional".......

Thanks for the advice kev, will replace. It seems to be soldered in place?
spongebob View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spongebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2018 at 8:17am
Phone XTA and be polite and courteous (i'm sure you are but sadly these days most people aren't...) and they will help you with any and all questions
 Post Reply Post Reply