Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Advanced Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Professional tech advice wanted (willing to pay!!)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Professional tech advice wanted (willing to pay!!)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SicilySoundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Professional tech advice wanted (willing to pay!!)
    Posted: 17 January 2018 at 8:08pm
Greetings all!

we're in the process of upgrading our sound system, wanting to make it flexible to work with other music apart from dub sessions. mainly have to upgrade sub section. with so many plans and different ways to go i was wondering if any of the pros on here are willing to offer a technical advice service, obviously remunerated, to help us with decision making and investment plan. we are based in sicily so comunications should have to be via mail or skype. should be enough to start with..
bless
Sinai Sound View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinai Sound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2018 at 3:09pm
Feel free to drop me an email at contact@sinaisound.co.uk

I might (!) be able to help out, or at least point you in the right direction
Marvin View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marvin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2018 at 3:42pm
Greetings,

I am also available to assist if you wish. Pm has been sent.

Regards Marvin
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2018 at 9:08pm
just start a topic here in the newbies section, and you will get a variety of professional opinions and advise. Everybodys preferences and tastes are different, theres no right or wrong in the sound game really [well, there is, not you'd never get everyone to agree].

Take a room full of punters with two systems playing the same thing, ask them to stand by their favourite rig, and majority will just go for whatevers loudest or makes the most rumble, others in the room will go with the best sounding, others will just go with their mates rig out of loyalty, others might just think bad sound is good sound.

''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
FrederikMA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrederikMA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2018 at 9:48pm
A dub system tends to be quite distorting, in the sense that the sub ads a desirable warmth of resonances and heavy drivers. If you wish to have a single system to reproduce whatever genre it has to be very neutral and "non-present". Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy hearing a genre specific system with all the sillyness it brings with it, but the more genres a system must reproduce well, the more you should look at it as a reference monitor system.
For that reason, you really should make the midhigh your starting point for your acoustic design. You may consider the form factor and practical usage of the entire system into your midhigh design at this point.
For instans i did a 2*15+1,4horn midhigh design and when considering the rigging i realized a double punisher standing on it's end would accommodate a very easily rigged ground stack elevating the midhighs to head height. Both the midbass and midhigh cabinets are very transparent and have great impulse response and work great together. The midhighs can also easily be flown indoor, while the punishers can be put below a low stage due to their low profile. They are both driven from a plate amp, so no amp racks to worry about in tight venues.
A lot of pro systems are two-cabinet solutions for the above mentioned properties among others. At the end of the day, the way a system is deployed to the acoustic space is the major factor governing the experienced quality. You may then consider other matters of the design and weigh them against the required usability.
Best regards Fred
LeruSound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeruSound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2018 at 2:19pm
I also appreciate the policy of the forum, we can always discuss things in here and share opinions. 
BTW, i am Italian, i am in Dub music and i studied a lot of acoutics in last years, now my studies & researches goes mainly in multiway coaxial horn designs.
If you care, you can also contact me on Shimana Soundsystem Facebook page / shimanasoundsystem@gmail.com. I would love to help you with all i know.

Edited by LeruSound - 23 February 2018 at 2:21pm
 Post Reply Post Reply