Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cubo18

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheekybox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cubo18
    Posted: 19 January 2018 at 7:13pm
Hi SP

Cubo18s. Rear loaded or front?

What do people prefer? And why?

WessexAudioMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WessexAudioMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2018 at 10:25pm
Magnet pointing out i find  produces a bit more spl, but more of a harder sound, magnet in the cab i prefer the sound of but did notice slightly less spl. Mine were loaded with 18 sound 18lw2400, had 8 of them, and did an A/B test with stacks of 4 outdoors running off QSC PL9 couple of years back. Didnt measure the SPL with a meter so may have been psycological but to my ears, in sounded more musical, out was slightly louder. Very dance music type cab, nice punch to them around 50HZ, they dont drop much below 45Hz tho.. and mine were the extended one's. Not the best for live music tho, not sure why..
Not sure if it would be the same across the board with different drive units but i would suggest trying them side by side, in & out. Remember to invert them on DSP if magnet pointing out, found that made a fair amount of difference! 
charlysays View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote charlysays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2018 at 5:51pm
not actually tried anything other than magnet pointing out.

I would build cubo sub myself, should run a bit lower than cubo 18.

they're pretty flat to 40hz and useable down to 35hz.

For dance music  (particularly oldschool jungle and DnB) i have no complaints at all about them. Given the same amp power they are over twice as loud as my JBL2241 single 18 reflex subs and also drop noticeably lower with better long distance performance.

two of mine are loaded with 18nlw9000 and the other two 18nlw9400
 Post Reply Post Reply