Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

15” 3-way with Void drivers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djspinback69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 15” 3-way with Void drivers
    Posted: 21 January 2018 at 1:45pm
Hi Everyone, hope all are well. I am about to build some new speakers for my small rig. I have a small collection of drivers that I would like to use as much of as possible to keep the cost down.

In particular I have a pair of replacement void drivers I’ve had for a while. I don’t know a lot about them I can’t even fully remember why I have them but they look pretty meaty and I think I should be using them. They are Void V15-700N that is about all I know, I don’t know what they are designed to be in or any T/S parameters for them.

I also have some P-audio compression drivers and horns and I was thinking of adding something like the 8” mid horn and driver from Blue Arab. I am a carpenter and have built plenty of speakers but this is the first time I have tried to design a cab from scratch, so I am hoping that someone may be kind enough to offer me some guidance with the design.

My subs that this will sit on top of are the 18” reflex from the Fane website with Fane 18sb drivers in.

My initial idea is to produce a 15” 8” 1” 3 way reflex like the JBL PRX 735 although I would think this will largely be dictated by what I can find out about the 15” void drivers.

I will likely run this 3 way active although I may consider a passive crossover between the 8” and 1” and run it 2 way

I would think the first stage is to measure the T/S parameters for the Void drivers. I am going to go and try to find out the best way to do this.

Any advice or suggestions anyone would like to make would be gratefully received

Thanks

Robin

djspinback69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djspinback69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2018 at 1:47pm
Can someone tell me how I post photos of the drivers?
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2018 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by djspinback69 djspinback69 wrote:

Can someone tell me how I post photos of the drivers?

Try direct links the the manufacturers site...

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djspinback69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2018 at 2:17pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djspinback69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2018 at 2:23pm
The drivers are out of the Arcline 15, which seems to be a 2 way full range can with 2 x 15” and 3 x 1” with a crossover point of 1.2khz. I didn’t think it would be possible to get these drivers to play up to 1.2khz?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djspinback69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2018 at 2:54pm
 Post Reply Post Reply