Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is the Soundcraft Ui12 right for me?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spongebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2018 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

Did you actually disable the internal networking as well?

A fair point, I don't think I disabled the internal wifi.
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2018 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by spongebob spongebob wrote:

Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

Did you actually disable the internal networking as well?

A fair point, I don't think I disabled the internal wifi.

Then it will still fall over.
qwertycopter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qwertycopter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2018 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by freddymendez freddymendez wrote:

Also I do have root on mine but kind of lost interest in it

Could you talk a little about how you got root on the ui16?
IanD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2018 at 11:49pm
Have used both XR16 and XR18 many times with zero problems -- with an external 5GHz router, obviously, the internal 2.4GHz one falls over if there's a lot of other signals around.
citizensc View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizensc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2018 at 5:21am
Just another small update, networking failed again mid-show, this time during a rather high profile one for us. Had to restart it, was not good. 

Done with the UI16, selling it and moving on to an MR12. Let's see how this one goes. 
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2018 at 8:47am
Some cracking deals about on the X32 rack at the moment. If you can afford this over the Xi or MR things it’s really worth that extra push.
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
citizensc View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizensc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2018 at 10:09am
Originally posted by jacethebase jacethebase wrote:

Some cracking deals about on the X32 rack at the moment. If you can afford this over the Xi or MR things it’s really worth that extra push.

We decided to go with the MR12 because we have never used more than 4 inputs and never used a mic preamp on the UI16. 

Other than all the extra channels does the X32 rack offer anything useful for pre-recorded music? We just basic functions like eq and gain. 
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2018 at 7:35pm
the massive difference in my eyes is that you can do everything you need to do on the front panel of the rack. You don't have to have a iPad.

Very rarely will my rack ever be anywhere near the full 16 in 8 out, flexibility is key.

www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
qwertycopter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qwertycopter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2018 at 7:37pm
Hi freddymendez,
I'm still interested in how you rooted the ui16 if you have any information to share on that
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2021 at 3:39pm
anyone got experience of using the Ui24 with a touchscreen? can't get any control through the USB. got one of the supposedly compatible screens with correct VID/PID but it doesn't seem to recognise there is a control device connected.

May just give up and use a thinkpad.

EDIT: finally got it working by resetting the unit and installing v2 of the firmware rather than the current v3.3

Edited by snowflake - 02 September 2021 at 9:37pm
Boxes-R-Blue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boxes-R-Blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2022 at 2:16am
X32 Rack on APC UPS...

The heavy soundcraft kit I use (Vi600 league is MENTAL, only Digico and SSL even touch it) BUT....

On a Budget, and X32 Rack (with UPS, did I mention, that, if you use Digital desks, GET ONE) is just EPIC, nothing touches if for 3 or 4 times the prices, as, well Berry have 5-10x the RnD budget of Harman so bang for buck, it is unstoppable...

Kinda Been there, Kinda done that, YOU COULDN'T handle my bar bill!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123