Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Citronic Hawaii Mkiii .... Help?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wesley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Citronic Hawaii Mkiii .... Help?
    Posted: 28 January 2018 at 7:25pm
Greetings all,

Completely new to the forum so I apologise if I'm breaking any rules.

I've got a Citronic Hawaii twin deck console which I'm trying to revive. It was given to my dad and has since passed to me ... but it's either poorly or I'm missing a button somewhere.

Powers up no problem and both decks (Garard Discos) spin. If you put a disk on you get the very faintest hint of something through the head-phones but that's it. However, plug in a mic and it works as a PA. Full volume on a microphone, nothing from the decks whatever source you choose. On either of the turntable sources you get a tiny flicker on the meter needle when a disk is playing.

I suspect the amp but I've also been told to look at corrosion on the cartridges (which I can't see much of).

I can find no greater group of helpful people than this forum and I know these decks have come up as a subject before.

Help me Speakerplans gurus. You're my only hope.
Wesley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wesley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2018 at 8:21pm
Thanks. I had seen that from another post on here and have asked to join the Facebook group. I’m awaiting a reply.

Covering all bases
 Post Reply Post Reply