Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

B&C NW100 in scoops

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knet94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2018 at 7:52pm
Why not put one of your NW100s in the Yorkville and do an A/B comparison. This will put your mind at ease before building 2 more. If the performance is comparable then go for it. If it doesn't perform as well you'll have saved a lot of time and money.
sirck50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirck50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2018 at 8:04pm
Yup, I actually did that. The B&C speaker fits exactly in the hole as the Yorkville speaker. I think I read somewhere that B&C makes some Yorkville speakers so that Yorkville speaker and the B&C speaker could be the very same thing. Cause you know what? They sound exactly the same way in the box!

Anyway I will take measurements and build two more if and when I come to a solid decision, but I was wondering if I can get more from the NW100 speakers in another comparable enclosure, if that's possible. Hence my persistent inquisition.
Hello!!!
king david View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king david Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2018 at 8:18pm
I think the b&c "new" plans were all designed by someone At York ville. I mean the plans for 18nw,18sw and so on,not the old sub18 thing
http://www.warriorcharge.noblogs.org
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2018 at 11:43pm
I din't say the LS801 is like a MTL46, but it looks like a MTL46. There is not much magic in that expanding port.
sirck50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirck50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2018 at 2:34pm
The Yorks sound like magic though........I honestly find that for the simplicity of build and size, they make BIG sound.
Hello!!!
Aymara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aymara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2022 at 5:53pm
I heard the NW100's sound really good in paraflex, especially in the O type. I'll give you also a link for plans! They say the paraflex gets the most out of your drivers, more then scoops.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12