Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hill Audio Gigmix 28/4/2/1 desk

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ardlivesound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hill Audio Gigmix 28/4/2/1 desk
    Posted: 18 February 2018 at 6:34pm
I have been trying for years (10+) to try and get some sort of brochure or manual for my Hill Audio desk. Even emailed Peter Child (former employee of Hill Audio when Rob Lingfield owned to company before he sold it to Millbank), but no joy - does ANYONE have any ideas, or even (god forbid I'm that lucky) any brochures of their consoles from that era (the ones for legacy items on the Hill Audio website do not include my desk). I live in hope that someone can help.
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2018 at 9:15pm
Google rocktec, you can mail Malcolm there, he will help, has helped me on a few occasions, very nice guy.
ardlivesound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ardlivesound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2018 at 9:27pm
googled them - Rocktec is a NZ co that deals in quarrying equipment - and Rock-Tech I found based in York - but No Malcolm listed among their staff.  But thanks for trying )if you can re-post with a web URL (just in case i was looking at the wrong site) it would be helpful.

Edited by ardlivesound - 18 February 2018 at 9:28pm
godathunder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote godathunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2018 at 10:21pm
LOUDER THAN LOUD
APC321 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APC321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2018 at 11:15pm
Only ever seen Multimix or Stagemix, never Gigmix.
Wikl109 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wikl109 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2018 at 11:24pm
Rock-Tech was, as far as I remember, set up by Malcolm Hills nephew. I think Malcolm works as a consultant for them now. If you look at their own speaker cabs they sell there's a bit of a clue CNC machined in to the side of them.
Cheers, Chris.
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2018 at 5:05am
Originally posted by ardlivesound ardlivesound wrote:

googled them - Rocktec is a NZ co that deals in quarrying equipment - and Rock-Tech I found based in York - but No Malcolm listed among their staff.  But thanks for trying )if you can re-post with a web URL (just in case i was looking at the wrong site) it would be helpful.

My mistake on the spelling, just mail them and say you would like his advice on an old product.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ardlivesound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2018 at 4:45pm
done abit of investigating - Malcolm Hill had nothing to do with the Hill Audio that made my desk - his old co was Malcolm Hill Associates of Murton nr York - whereas Hill Audio was founded by the late Rob Lingfield in Kent (they supplied the PA system for Live Aid) - but thanks for trying.
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2018 at 4:55pm
LoL, Malcolm Hill, Hill Audio, made thousands of speakers, made Amplifiers, mixing desks and supplied the system to live aid for free, do some research, a simple wiki search, LoL. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malcolm_Hill_(audio_engineer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ardlivesound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2018 at 4:59pm
this is one piece of info that has eluded me - all the searches I have ever done show that Rob Lingfield founded the Hill Audio that I know made my desk - I even have a picture of him and Peter Child with my desk in the background - LOL...what a crazy world - I'll give Malcolm a try - even if he doesn't have anything, he may know one of his old staff that might. Thanks again.
APC321 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APC321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2018 at 6:19pm
Found this interview with Malcolm Hill:

https://i.imgur.com/a9Ua8Sz.jpg
Phil@rock-tech.co.uk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil@rock-tech.co.uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2018 at 10:42am
Hey,

The company you are looking for is:

http://www.hillproaudio.co.uk - www.hillproaudio.co.uk

Malcolm Hill (AC/DC, Live Aid, Multimix etc.) is chief of design.

Malcolm designed the console you are looking for info about.  Rob Lingfield worked with Malcolm.

Old plans are not readily available but they do still have some original brochures/manuals etc.

All the best!

Phil (rock-tech)
 Post Reply Post Reply