Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tannoy T12

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4AC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2018 at 9:25am
Now that is a neat answer, good service.
uǝɿɿɐʌǝ6ɯo sı ʇsʞǝʇ ǝzǝp
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2018 at 11:58am
Yes, best customer service I´ve seen for a while.   Thumbs Up

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
4D View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2018 at 3:03pm
If its not indiscrete how much is a replacement driver

Pm side if you prefer
DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
MattStolton View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2018 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by Earplug Earplug wrote:

... which uses the same HF Driver as the T12...

Whilst I admire getting a response at all, how easy to have stock of just Diaphragms? Unless it is diaphragm money!

IF they are saying the HF is the same, then the coil from it should fit your driver.

I fear this will be the problem with all pre-MG owned company lines, spares will be seriously awkward going forwards, for older lines, if at all?

Lets be honest, spares for products from most companies that are still the same company, is hard enough, and they haven't skipped everything on the shelf and moved everything to China. Yet.
Matt Stolton - Technical Director (!!!) - Wilding Sound Ltd
"Sparkius metiretur vestra" - "Meter Your Mains"
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2018 at 10:34am
Originally posted by 4D 4D wrote:

If its not indiscrete how much is a replacement driver

Pm side if you prefer

Sorry - but they´ve asked me to keep that quiet.    Big smile

Maybe just contact them yourself and check. Are you a company?

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
cooky1257 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cooky1257 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2018 at 9:00am
Something doesn't stack up here; So Tannoy will only sell you a complete dual concentric driver, but not just the(compatible) HF diaphragm/tulip assembly, ok, who in their right mind would buy a pro driver that doesn't have any spares support?

Edited by cooky1257 - 05 March 2018 at 9:01am
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2018 at 9:40am
Yes, spares are always an issue with drivers. There are dozens of models out there that have no or limited spares available. The guy did say that they´ve recently started to remanufacture, so maybe spares will come later, who knows. The issue I have is to get the cab working for my client.

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12