Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Punisher and X-tro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2 x punisher from QSC2450 ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbjalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2 x punisher from QSC2450 ?
    Posted: 24 May 2007 at 3:38pm
Say i had 2 pieces 4ohm Ciare 12.00sw's and these were linked (not sure if i mean series or paralell )together  this would give me a 2 ohm load

Am i correct ?

If so would 2 punishers run ok of of a RMX2450  2ohm load  1200W

TVM
okey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote okey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2007 at 4:04pm
Maybe you should go for the 8ohm version instead if possible and then bridge your rmx2450 into your linked punishers, this will show your amp a ~4ohm load... giving the drivers ~1200W each... just a thought... :)
jbjalex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbjalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2007 at 4:18pm
Cheers Okey!
bitcore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitcore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2007 at 4:25pm
that would work better.
my RMX 2450 is easy to clip when pushing a little over 1Kw. I wish I had just saved up and spent the bones and get a used PL6 - buy once, cry once.
Sibulus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sibulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2007 at 12:26am
I'm pretty sure the horn loading of the Punishers raises the impedance quite some what, I'd imagine 2 x 4ohm Punishers would probably give a load of something closer to 2 or 3 ohms. 
bitcore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitcore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2007 at 3:23am
-which would be beyond the bridged mono capabilities of the RMX 2450, the 2450 isn't set up to handle hard impedance loads. The RMX's with the HD in their name are a bit more beefed up and can take the abuse better than the non HD ones.
Two 8 ohms in parallel would be 4 ohms, plus the loading of the cabinet, ought to fair well for the RMX - but don't expect it to blow your head off, a bigger amp would be better. An RMX 4050HD would have the ability to really run multiple punisher's, but bear in mind that the US version uses a NEMA 5-15 - just like all of the smaller RMX amps, so you still are stuck with 15 amps at 120V of sustained longterm current. The only RMX with a larger power cable is the 5050, it's not the HD version -but would do extremely well with two puns with a truckload of headroom compared to the 2450. It's got a NEMA 5-20, so you must use a 20 amp supply. Better, but only 5 amps better than the others - and ridiculously expensive compared to the smaller amps.

Edited by bitcore - 08 June 2007 at 3:27am
 Post Reply Post Reply