Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Setting up AVC2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Setting up AVC2
    Posted: 25 May 2007 at 12:31am
Hi All,

Just got an AVC2 on Ebay as I'm para about DJs popping my drivers.. and most nights I have been involved with, by the end of the night the DJs just red light the mixer.. no matter how many times you tell em.

Have not received it yet.. but planning to put it into my rack as the first in the signal chain after the mixer... also planning to blank off the rear of the rack and fit XLR ins going into the AVC2... hard wired and screwed to the rack so it would be pretty obvious if anyone was messin with it.

This way, I hope, I can setup quickly, have a good time and not worry about Mr "I have arrived, therefor I must turn everything up" DJ.

Any tips on setup from other AVC2 owners.. or will it do the trick right out of the box?

Cheers,

Adam.

ps... I have been running with the gains  / limiters on my Ultradrive DCX2496 set so the amps never clip and the limiter comes in if you push it too much... will I still need to do this?

Edited by adambomb - 25 May 2007 at 12:33am
matt andrews View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt andrews Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2007 at 7:21am

Turn up your source to just before limiting on the AVC2, turn all your amps to fully open.

Then set your levels on your ultradrive so none of your amps clip, or however hard you think your system should be run.

Keep the limters on your ultradrive, they protect you from sudden spikes still.

Test it by pushing your mixer beyond 0db, for a moment the behringer limiters will kick in followed by the AVC2 lowering its output signal.

Party hard without having to oversee the rig. If you've done it right you wont wake up to a load of recones or dead amps.

If you can, put the AVC2 in front of the DJ and explain what it means, dont waste too much energy on this, its their fault the rig sounds bad not yours :)

Edited by matt andrews - 25 May 2007 at 7:22am
 Post Reply Post Reply