Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

JAMAICAN COOKIE CUTTER SOUNDSYSTEMS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ape3435 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2018 at 11:03am
Hey Reality, I did reply but on my mobile so not sure what happened. I'm shifting management at the moment so not out as much, I actually shut it down a few months ago but sorting it for the summer as have a few dates lined up. Trouble is, St.Cath. north is on a "state of emergency" so everywhere shuts by 9pm.
I'll try to upload with your instructions once I've uploaded the pics to a laptop from my mobile.

Edited by ape3435 - 13 April 2018 at 11:04am
KingGwarn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingGwarn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2018 at 9:14am
Stacked my hogs like so yesterday and couldn't believe how quiet it was behind/to side of scoops but how heavy it was in front of them....can definitely understand why JA sounds stack minis this way if it is due to noise restrictions! Just stick the bass cabs in people's faces...

Edited by KingGwarn - 15 April 2018 at 9:16am
Soundman inna Brighton town
King Gwarn Sound System
studio45 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studio45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2018 at 5:53pm
When considering apparent effects like that, remember that a 60Hz soundwave is physically about 5.7 metres long in the air, so you should be listening from further away to be able to really judge where the sound is going. Even 100Hz is 3.4 metres.
What you will find is that the bass is actually omnidirectional in the horizontal plane, from a single point, tall vertical stack like that, at any reasonable distance. 
You have to make a very wide array of bins (more than 1 wavelength wide at the lowest frequency you want to produce) to get the bass to form a "power alley" where more energy is directed forwards and back, and less to the sides. Even then, that's a dipole, so you are still throwing half the bass backwards where it's not necessarily wanted. Hence all the developments in cardioid bass systems, that use additional bins to absorb the unwanted rear waves.
I haven't seen any evidence of JA systems doing that yet.....
Studio45 - Repairs & Building Commotion Soundsystem -Mobile PA
RealitySound View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RealitySound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2019 at 11:46pm

CHECK THE AST SCOOPS (TON OF THOSE HERE)

AT LEAST ITS DIFFERENT

When you gonna send me some $$ mate ?
RealitySound View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RealitySound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2019 at 11:50pm

LOOK! SCOOPS!

When you gonna send me some $$ mate ?
UpComingSound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UpComingSound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2019 at 1:39pm
the land of wood & water nice photos, i guess full size scoops are a thing of the past, mini scoops rule now
RiddimKid View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RiddimKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2019 at 3:30pm
It’s nice to see Jamaica moving away from the double t18 50hz bass boxes LOL

These double 18” “Canadian” boxes are now taking over. Just a double reflex with a big port but seem to be effective. All the sounds look the same now, bet they are powered by them new CVR amps too 
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2019 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by RiddimKid RiddimKid wrote:

It’s nice to see Jamaica moving away from the double t18 50hz bass boxes LOL

These double 18” “Canadian” boxes are now taking over. Just a double reflex with a big port but seem to be effective. All the sounds look the same now, bet they are powered by them new CVR amps too 

Part of that is likely that with modern drivers and a well matched amp, a large port reflex is one of the harder cabinets to kill.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789