Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Computer Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Windows 7

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Windows 7
    Posted: 01 April 2018 at 5:53pm
I made the move over to Win 10 on all my machines... but want to roll back my music, lighting and laser laptops. Normally I would just use the rollback function but being a smart ar*e once I thought they were stable did a complete format/rebuild on Win10 so that option is no longer available.
What is the best (and more importantly legal) way to get hold of copies of Win7 so I can re-install?
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2018 at 7:52pm
Do you have license stickers on PC's?  If so any appropriate CD (OEM) will install from that key

No stickers (sometimes under battery on laptops) then:

Turn off your AV and run  https://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/

This should give you the product key and type (Pro or Home), then you can use ANY Win7 CD of correct sort (pro or home). Can send you one if you need, or eBay full of them.

If they are Dell and not older than about 2009 any Dell CD will work and activate. Others do this but not as across the board.

Ignore the Dell bit in the link below. An OEM 7 disk will activate from this key if you cannot get original codes.  (can send you disk)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BARGAIN-DELL-WINDOWS-7-32-BIT-64BIT-1-COA-PRODUCT-KEY-SCRAP-PCs-SCRAP-LAPTOP/263492882377?hash=item3d59664fc9:g:SzAAAOSwfWpagczO

Edited by nickyburnell - 01 April 2018 at 7:56pm
It's everything, not everythink!
IainB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2018 at 8:27pm
Thanks Nicky Big smile
Time to go key hunting 
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2018 at 9:17pm
Dot forget drivers, get them all ready from mfr sites
IainB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2018 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by nickyburnell nickyburnell wrote:

Dot forget drivers, get them all ready from mfr sites

Its been a long time since I used to build PCs (used to live on Overclockers) so I hadnt even thought about hitting websites to get drivers ready, thank you again. Now to find out where I put my Win7 disc, had enough of Win10 doing its own thing when it wants (even when Ive rebooted a couple of times before a gig to make sure its not waiting to go... oi oi - im going to do an install now, getting to said gig...then laptop going ah yes old bean, I need to do an install)
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2018 at 9:36pm
If you need one shout, have, "proper" ones :)

If 10 Pro you can disable updates in gpedit.msc

Home is a little harder but you can defer on latest build.

Or

https://4sysops.com/archives/disable-windows-10-update-in-the-registry-and-with-powershell/

Edited by nickyburnell - 01 April 2018 at 9:40pm
 Post Reply Post Reply