Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crown MA-3600VZ Stuck on full

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crown MA-3600VZ Stuck on full
    Posted: 09 April 2018 at 8:36am
I have a Crown 3600 that is stuck on full volume at all times, the level controls seem to do nothing what so ever, no scratching sounds. 

Any ideas?

Edited by matt13 - 09 April 2018 at 1:11pm
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2018 at 8:47am
Originally posted by matt13 matt13 wrote:

I have a Crown 3600 that is stuck on full volume at all times, the level controls seem to do nothing what so ever, no scratching sounds. 

Any ideas on where to start? both pots fucked?
..... soooooo... where's the problem exactly?LOLLOL
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2018 at 12:25pm
From your description you aren't fully au fait with amplifier repairs,the 3600 is not something you can just fiddle with hoping to fix it. Take it to a competent Crown engineer (there are several on here) who can look at it for you.
Be seeing you.
matt13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2018 at 8:18am
Not what I was hoping to hear, I would rather have a go in hope of learning something. 

I have another working amp for a reference I would just like a idea of where to start looking. 

4D View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2018 at 8:32am
It might seem silly but check the grub screw in the knob is actually gripping the shaft of the gain pot.. :-)
DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
matt13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2018 at 8:38am
If only
matt13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2018 at 9:47am
My best guess at the moment is grounding issue of the balanced gain stage?
boominbob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boominbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2018 at 3:40pm
You didnt say if if has always shown this fault. Of if you bought it with this fault. If the latter I would say someone has messed and possibly bypassed pots or soldered wires across pots or wires or connectors 180 deg out. People love to mess.......

Edited by boominbob - 18 April 2018 at 4:20pm
matt13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2018 at 3:44pm
I bought the amp with the fault, I still haven't even had a chance to open it up. 
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2018 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by matt13 matt13 wrote:

I bought the amp with the fault, I still haven't even had a chance to open it up. 

As said, get a pro in.. if not and you're feeling brave, pop it open and let's see some pictures!!
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
 Post Reply Post Reply