Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Ported Enclosures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

70-300hz 15"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fat_brstd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 70-300hz 15"
    Posted: 13 April 2018 at 1:58am
Looking for a kick bin to go above 18" scoops & below sealed 12". Thinking small (3"?) voice coil 15" in a reflex box. Got plenty of power to drive them (QSC PL340) and want to build 4 boxes. These do not need to be able to play low on their own, I have other boxes for this should I need it, they will only ever be used with subs & will be run on L/R-24db filters crossed around 75-80hz.

Not looking to break the bank with top a top drivers but want to stay away from cheap rubbish, probably in the region of around 200 UK Pounds each. Any ideas or pointers as to what drivers & enclosures would be suitable.
Adrians Wall Sound System
Melbournes Rootical Warrior
Roots - Dub - Steppers

facebook page
vertx View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vertx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2018 at 2:56am
BMS 15N620 is 205.50 pounds at Blue Aran. Light too. Can buy from them Ex Works and courier to Australia for maybe around $300 AUD from memory.

Buy 4 in two separate orders of two and arrange two courier jobs to keep each under to $1000 AUD import limit per purchase.

3" VC too. Good TS for ported cabs. I'm thinking of getting a couple soon for 80hz - 600hz, ported, I've got the designs in another thread in the new projects forum if you're keen to have a squiz.

Edited by vertx - 13 April 2018 at 5:23am
www.instagram.com/translate.sound
citizensc View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizensc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2018 at 3:00am
I know its not exactly what you are asking for being horn loaded and all but maybe http://hornplans.free.fr/mkh230.html ? I have used these before between punishers and XT8 and they sound good with house and techno (maybe not your thing), can play up to 350 to meet the xt8 (with a bit of eq). People have also made singles out of them but i'm not sure how well they work. 
JBK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2018 at 10:01am
http://boomboomcollective.free.fr/site_downloads/BBC.BR215.MidBass_Speaker_Design.pdf

The bbr 215 (but you can do singles) is very popular in France
We got 2 over 4 scoops to replace Gsubs, very happy with them, as they kick as much with less power, size, and weight, and they sound much better on the upper frequencies, we cut them 80-250hz though.
Only tested once last friday indoors, was pretty impressed (one double 15 each side of a ev p3000)
the rcf driver is 160€ at toutlehautparleur

Sinai Sound View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinai Sound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2018 at 10:31am
I've had good results with the RCF MB15H401

As has member "Tweeter Box" on here as well

Post Reply Post Reply