Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Buying and Selling > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I'm looking for a pair of EAW KF650

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2018 at 8:25pm
We have put rigs in a room similar to yours first time we had 4 x double twelve and 2 inch tops, 4 ass bs1200 kick and 8 scoops. I think we had 4 more 10 inch horns and 2 inch hf on side fill. Amps to suit but on sub we had 4 x CAudio sr707 bridged over the 8 scoops fed from 63 amp 3 phase. Sounded savage, but to me there was no head room in the tops could have done with better.

Second time same room 4 x tms3’s and 4 double 18’s main stacks split with another pair of double 18’s with logic systems x30’s as centre fill. Amps this time CA18’s on sub and kick qsc on mid and hf. Tops were much much better sub was ok but lacked the real thump of the scoops. 

That may not help but I think you need to find a box or boxes you like and start smaller than you really want, build up more as and when you can. 

Alternatively rent for each event until you have enough to go balls out.

Back on topic, have you considered nexo? Msi series Lee Moriato???? Has a pair of msic, I have owned a pair of msiv’s same box different shape. Twin 15, twin 7 on a big horn and a 1 inch hf, there sound absolutely lovely if eqd right. 

Edited by midas - 27 April 2018 at 8:25pm
In bass no one can hear you scream!
Jack_The_Ripper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack_The_Ripper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2018 at 9:44pm
Yeah I love Nexo but they're usually massively expensive especially when you consider you need the controllers or Nexo DSP and prerfeably Nexo amps too. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234