Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pub install...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 5:49am
.. I'm on it... 4" 100v around the pub with the bottom end removed and a pair of double 6.5 + HF nailed to the ceiling facing directly down at the dance floor with a home brew double 12" for a slimline corner loaded sub.

..I'll give it a little bump at 90

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 3:29pm
Ok gentleman I need a line level 80hz high pass filter now to go in front of the 100v line system... simple is the key here. Any suggestions?
Pinyorouk View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinyorouk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by mini-mad mini-mad wrote:

Ok gentleman I need a line level 80hz high pass filter now to go in front of the 100v line system... simple is the key here. Any suggestions?

Buy a cheap active crossover
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by Pinyorouk Pinyorouk wrote:

Buy a cheap active crossover
Thought maybe there would be something more "inline" that could be tucked behind the rack no one can get too....

APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 5:33pm
As Above...... or build this:

It should be about 80Hz, you can probably omit C3 as it’s only fitted to remove any HF noise on the opamp input.

Any supply voltage from about +/- 9 volts should be OK

Edited by APW - 15 May 2018 at 5:35pm
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 6:04pm
Big smile

Thanks! I'm sure I can find a 24v psu I can split the rails on to 2x 12v and run it off of that. Looks simple enough.. I'll see if maplins are giving this stuff away Wink

APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 6:13pm

You can use the 2nd half of the opamp to generate a virtual 0V by using a couple of resistors to divide the supply by 2 and a couple of caps across them... depending on how it’s done you may need to add a coupling cap on the output as you may end up with the opamp output at 12V referenced to gnd.

APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 7:56pm
The original calculations were done very quickly on a scrap of paper, I have now rechecked my calcs and with the resistors shown the -3db point is nearer 60hz, to get about 80hz R1 needs to be 15K and R2 30K.

Edited by APW - 15 May 2018 at 8:13pm
LunchieTey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LunchieTey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 4:13am
perhaps consider a small equalizer. Pull all the bands below 80hz and you still maintain the ability to eq the 100v section to match the sound of the main system if timbre is off a bit.

A single 15 band would be adequate and -12db cut is a substantial amount of power reduction in the bass end. Combined with the lost low end though the transformers in the speakers and you'll never have power/excursion problems.
Speaker addict
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by efinque efinque wrote:

Big smile

Thanks! I'm sure I can find a 24v psu I can split the rails on to 2x 12v and run it off of that. Looks simple enough.. I'll see if maplins are giving this stuff away Wink

Mean Well makes 24VDC SMPS' and they're not so bad... I have one in my current mixer build. You could also use something like a transformer and a PSU module (such as the Velleman K1823 kit)
Thanks... but I ment I have a few PSU's laying about.. I can use one of them and split the rails up. But cheers for the heads up none the less

mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 11:52pm

..double 12.

It's not the best and I will improve on it with a better design but for now it weighs a ton as it's MDF and yes it's gonna be white (Thanks to bluearan) 

Its a single shot, I have now stuck bracing in and painted the shelf ports with at least one layer of white tuff cab pro. 

I'll fire it up tomorrow when I've got a few layers of paint on the ports and glue it up shut. I will take a shot with the drivers in too. Thomann 12-280w jobbies. There is a design out there for them but I found this one 1st and needed a quick box as they moved the deadline up to this Tuesday!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234