Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dmx lighting interface

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by Msnell83 Msnell83 wrote:

yeah thought as much, need to track down and borrow a dabs1, that way I can set up a stand-alone program for the lights and not have to buy a dmx controller and run twice the cable. Just out of interest does anyone know of any dmx controllers that will just run programs instead of needing someone operating faders on a board? That way at least I can get the lights functioning and just stick the dmx controller in an ip65 adaptable box outside where I will cut down the cable runs. Thanks for everyone’s help though!
I was looking at this the other day...
Example the "joker 32" by Thomann! BUT it only has 32 addresses and you need to preprogramme in some patterns 1st and then you can then loop it and it comes with a remote to change from 1 to another pre pre programmed states. So if all your scanners are set to address 1 and you only use the 1st 7-8 addresses for daisy chained scanners you then can use the last 12 or so channels to plug in 4x par cans under RGB and have them chase back and forth too all on the same daisy chain. 

I don't know if I made it sound over complicated but it's an all in one solution that's TINY and just takes an hour or two to programme and if you get bored of the patterns you have programmed just whip out the box and programme in a load of new ones and plug it back in... so you can change fixtures and programmes all you like over the next few years and still keep the same little pre programmed box to run all your light rig...

Joker 32 by Thomann... have a look! (They do a 128 and 512 version too I believe if you're felling EXTRA brave and have hours to kill programmig)

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
Msnell83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Msnell83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 1:17pm
ok cool I’ll check that out, these are architectural lights I’m using so it would basically be a very slow and gentle change between colours. Won’t be needing any lasertronik disco patterns going on! Thanks for the help!
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by Msnell83 Msnell83 wrote:

ok cool I’ll check that out, these are architectural lights I’m using so it would basically be a very slow and gentle change between colours. Won’t be needing any lasertronik disco patterns going on! Thanks for the help!
In that case super easy! And if there was say 10x rgb par cans for lights you could have them all doing there own thing off the one box and store several different "mood settings" depending on you. So slow changes during the day and when it comes to the evening using the remote use the next programme and have them all dim or change completely. All pre programmed by YOU!

No one can mess with it either without removing the control box and plugging it into a laptop and reprogramming it. It's borderline idiot proof!

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
James Tengo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Tengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2021 at 8:38pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12