Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PD.155N01 reintroduction?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dekra54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PD.155N01 reintroduction?
    Posted: 14 May 2018 at 5:07pm
Good evening :)

I was on the PD website and saw that the PD.155N01 is advertised as "new" in the slideshow (number 6). But in 15" Driver section it is still listed as discontinued/OEM order only.

Does anyone know if they are relaunching the PD.155N01?

Greetings Dennis
Hemisphere View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 6:56pm
I don't know if they are, but they should do! Looks amazing on paper. With the right tuning it would make a seriously efficient reflex kick bin. Great xmax for a 15 also.

I think that slide has been there since the original launch though.

Edited by Hemisphere - 14 May 2018 at 7:09pm
Phase 1: Post on Speakerplans
Phase 2: ?????
Phase 3: Profit!
Andy Kos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Andy Kos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 10:07pm
It could perhaps be made clearer, essentially, in order to make some products, they need MOQs, some of the parts have to be ordered in batches of 50 or more. They dont want to order in 50 set of something to make 2 drivers, it simply isnt economically viable. So although the Pd.155N01 was launched as being generally 'available' I believe it is now OEM only again, with an MOQ.
just a guy with a warehouse and a few speakers... www.bluearan.co.uk
dekra54 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dekra54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by Andy Kos Andy Kos wrote:

It could perhaps be made clearer, essentially, in order to make some products, they need MOQs, some of the parts have to be ordered in batches of 50 or more. They dont want to order in 50 set of something to make 2 drivers, it simply isnt economically viable. So although the Pd.155N01 was launched as being generally 'available' I believe it is now OEM only again, with an MOQ.

Ah i get it. So there is now an updated version but still just on custom order with a MOQ.
Sure maybe it could be made clearer as you say but it ist totally understandable that it isn't viable to roll on the whole production process to just make a few drivers.
 Post Reply Post Reply