Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Advanced Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Testing again

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timo Beckman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Testing again
    Posted: 24 May 2018 at 7:22pm
Did another blog post:
I wanted to see the difference between the Powersoft X8dante and the Linea Research ASC48 both running a FIR file based on the same data and settings done via FIR Designer.

Had some problems with another brand (which shall remain nameless) so wanted to see if there was a difference.
The differences where minimal and most likely because of me tweaking on the Linea first which has small differences to the Powersoft X8 running just the FIR file.

The sound will be as good as the band play's
PremierMusicGroup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PremierMusicGroup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2018 at 6:03am
Timo
I need a DSP to run FIR for Fulcrum Acoustic. Linea Research asc48 excellent like they claimed? How does it compare to Lake? Ashly? Powersoft X8 able to challenge XTA APA 4E8?
Timo Beckman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timo Beckman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2018 at 7:08pm
@PremierMusicGroup:

I need a DSP to run FIR for Fulcrum Acoustic. 
Linea Research asc48 excellent like they claimed? How does it compare to Lake? 

The ASC48 is a really good processor the interface takes some time to get used to but the same 
applies to the Lake interface (for me at least).
I have not done a comparison between the Lake LM26 and the ASC48 yet (planning on it but time is 
the main problem up to now).
I do know the Lake has a specific Filter (Bessel all filter orders) that is totally different from the
APEX Intelli-x2 i have which is a good thing for Lake (for the sub woofer training sessions it works 
really well).

Ashly? 

No idea. You'll have to ask the guys at Fulcrum

Powersoft X8 able to challenge XTA APA 4E8? 

No idea YET nor how it compares to the X8/Linea Research LM amps yet. I did get to play with a XTA amp
but this was a alignment job on getting a Danley sub set up in a gradient mode to cancel as much as possible
As far as i can see there's no TQ1 preset for the XTA processing at the Fulcrum website but maybe 
they have do have them. Again ask the guys at Fulcrum

Sorry it took a while before i responded. It's kinda busy right now

Edited by Timo Beckman - 16 October 2018 at 7:12pm
The sound will be as good as the band play's
 Post Reply Post Reply