Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Plan Requests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Paudio and horn scoop

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorimaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Paudio and horn scoop
    Posted: 28 May 2018 at 12:14pm
Hello,

currently being in Cambodia, only Paudio speaker from Thailand are available here in the sure it is not some copy from china, but i cant find any Scoop mogale like PD1850 super scooper plan that allow Paudio driver inside,

Any chance?

thanks
I-shen Soundboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I-shen Soundboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 12:23pm
https://forum.speakerplans.com/scoop-compatible-drivers_topic65235.html

Not looking good for P-Audio I'm afraid...

What price are P-Audio in Cambodia Vs importing fancy drivers from Europe?
gorimaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorimaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 12:32pm
190$ direct vs 400$ for RCF with 2 months waiting :)
Hemisphere View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 12:58pm
P Audio has developed many drivers since that thread was last updated.

Hornresp input parameters for the Superscoop (and similar scoops) are available. As a rule of thumb for investigation just work from their most expensive 18" driver downwards. Compare T/S parameters with suitable drivers and look for a close match..consult here if uncertain.

(there are actually a bunch of P Audio drivers on that list of 'scoop compatible' drivers so I'm not sure what you're talking about - although I can't say many of them look like like great scoop drivers to me).

Edited by Hemisphere - 28 May 2018 at 1:02pm
Phase 1: Post on Speakerplans
Phase 2: ?????
Phase 3: Profit!
gorimaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorimaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 1:01pm
thanks for reply, deeply apreciated i am reading the full post now very interesting, maybe i should discuss with Paudio team directly by giving them the plan of the scoop?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I-shen Soundboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 1:02pm
I can see the attraction of the local source...

Having said that, plenty of cheap 18"s available here (UK) as well, all unsuitable for scoop duty.  Seems that a driver capable of being scooped comes at a minimum price tag, about £250/$330 in the UK, unlikely to be cheaper elsewhere as most of them seem to be made here...

So, $400 for a scoop driver doesn't seem too outrageous, given that it'll outscoop most if not all the local competition...
gorimaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorimaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 1:22pm
yep i think you are right, i will try to know more about importing RCF or look if PA audio have improved any new speaker

bless up
Hemisphere View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 1:30pm
Quote Seems that a driver capable of being scooped comes at a minimum price tag
P Audio are among the lowest cost reliable driver manufacturers on Earth though. (or they have the best balance between low cost and reputation let's say). Some of their drivers are pretty hefty.
Phase 1: Post on Speakerplans
Phase 2: ?????
Phase 3: Profit!
gorimaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorimaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 1:56pm
i will dig more on Paudio, and come back if any crucial info comes out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I-shen Soundboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 2:30pm
If they have anything with the t/s parameters close to a PD1850/2 or a Void v18-1000, please don't hesitate to tell us.

I believe the thread outlined the minimum  numbers required to be considered a contender.
 Post Reply Post Reply