Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

cheap 4ch amp with bluetooth and dsp?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote godathunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cheap 4ch amp with bluetooth and dsp?
    Posted: 30 May 2018 at 11:52pm
I find myself in need of a compact 4ch amp with bluetooth receiver, aux in and fm radio (cd would be a bonus but not a necessity). I dont need massive power output (4x50w@8ohms would be ample)

this screams car head unit but I need the ability to convert the signal from stereo to 4xmono outs with separate volume controls for each output and ideally the ability to eq each output individually

the intended purpose is two power 2x ceiling speakers (bathroom and kitchen) and 2x outdoor speakers

it doesnt need to be 12v, mains powered is fine (just thought there may be more 12v solutions)

Id be equally happy with a compact control surface and 4chs of amplification stashed in the attic

budget is pretty minimal

any ideas?

LOUDER THAN LOUD
godathunder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote godathunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2018 at 1:36pm
I guess thats a no then

plan b would be to buy a cheap car stereo and break the signal between the pre and amp chips, bring it out to a box where its mono summed, fed to 4 pots and then returned to the power amps

my electronics knowledge is reasonable but Im not able to solder smd stuff.

any thoughts on the viability of doing this?
LOUDER THAN LOUD
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2018 at 1:49pm
This is more install spec. If you want to do it cheap, then a a 4ch amp or two 2ch ones with something like a Cloud Mixer, or any mixer really with multiple outs. BT and FM boxes can be had quite cheap.
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2018 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by SamV SamV wrote:

This is more install spec. If you want to do it cheap, then a a 4ch amp or two 2ch ones with something like a Cloud Mixer, or any mixer really with multiple outs. BT and FM boxes can be had quite cheap.
+1 on a cloud amp... second hand 4x50w jobbie will do ya.
CX A4 is a 4x120w
CX A450 is a 4x50w
The CX A6 as you can guess is a 6 channel amp... the 2 extra channels could come in handy/backup.
Most of these can be had for less then 300 notes

BOOM!!!
Cloud. No BT or DSP

YAMAHA no BT or DSP... but in a 1U format

Edited by mini-mad - 07 June 2018 at 3:00pm
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2018 at 4:33pm
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote godathunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2018 at 9:18pm
sorry, should have clarified

Ive got a few amps lying round so if I go for the amps in the attic route thats already covered

19" rackmount gear is too big for my needs and will fail at the waf hurdle. similarly multiple sources and mixers will also result in relate sessions.

I was hoping to find a cheap, compact (and preferably attractive) one box solution with or without built in amplification

oh, and the moon

on a stick
LOUDER THAN LOUD
Djdarch View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Djdarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2018 at 9:28pm
if you can get cable about then hide the amps and zoner in the loft and run a remote to kitchen bathroom outside to control volume and source . Cloud Z4 springs to mind , if you already have amps all the better , a Z4 can be had for £100 ish , RSL6 about £25 each 

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote godathunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2018 at 9:40pm
as this is just for background music and sound quality only has to be not too offensive Im finding it hard to reconcile the extra complexity (and cost) compared to butchering something cheap like this which does almost everything I need bar mono sum and individual volume/eq in one small box

LOUDER THAN LOUD
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2018 at 12:20am
Originally posted by godathunder godathunder wrote:

as this is just for background music and sound quality only has to be not too offensive Im finding it hard to reconcile the extra complexity (and cost) compared to butchering something cheap like this which does almost everything I need bar mono sum and individual volume/eq in one small box

No. 1st off that will not come close to half it's rated output and 2nd... no.

....you will be way way waaaay better off hiding everything in the attic and running cables. If for any reason you change your mind or upgrade the "attic rack" you won't have to chop the wall to shreds removing that ugly car head unit. You could e even throw in a pc and stream stuff if you wanted too... and ha e a huge box fan up there keeping e everything cool and for the most part trouble free....

Also saves the GF playing with setting if she can't find the hardware! 

I would get a cheap zoner from someone like Cloud and a rack/wooden cupboard and fill it with everything you think you may want and play around with it as much as you like without getting in trouble from the missus for constantly chopping and changing it to suit YOUR needs!

..plus it's tidier if it's hidden away from other people and you can stick the volume and channel selector near your light switches so it looks like it's always been there...
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
 Post Reply Post Reply