Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Amplifiers for new soundsystem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Intgeniep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Amplifiers for new soundsystem
    Posted: 04 June 2018 at 6:44pm
Hello

My friends and I  bought a soundsystem, but we can't decide what amplifier we should take because of our knowledge of brands and specs. We got 2 double  Wbins with 2 x Eminence KAPPA15LF woofers per wbin, and 4 x1 Eminence KAPPA15LF in the smaller wbins. For tops we have 500 watt per top but dont know exactly what speakers.
Can somebody recommend me some good and cheap amplifiers to get the whole thing started. around 850euro's.
Intgeniep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Intgeniep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2018 at 11:09pm
Could somebody help me please. All I find is T. AMPS and behringer. Are there hidden gems?
unclejam View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unclejam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2018 at 10:02pm
https://forum.speakerplans.com/ffa-2000_topic101994.html
That would be a great start for your tops

Edited by unclejam - 08 June 2018 at 10:32pm
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2018 at 9:56am
Spend some time trawling the amps forum. There's loads of info buried in there.  Hit Google and search this site.  Most of the quality old school heavy amps have their champions. 

I dont have experience of many of them but look up qsc, crest, crown, matrix ppx yamaha and peavey amps and you'll get lots of recommendations. There's also lots of threads asking for the same information for you to plunder! 

Happy hunting. 
 Post Reply Post Reply