Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Big techno rig

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2018 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by Hemisphere Hemisphere wrote:

Quote <span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Are people recommending 15s because they’re ‘faster’? That’s because most 15” designs simply don’t go low...
Nothing to do with lighter cones?</span>

Put simply, no.
corell View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2018 at 11:41pm
a = F/m

If you read up on the meaning of TSP, you will find that "qes" is somewhat (not in a strictly mathematical way) anti proportional to that accelaration.

Edited by corell - 23 June 2018 at 12:50am
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2018 at 9:35am
In reflex world the 15's will do techno (like the post wants) better IMHO

Horns, well the 186/1850 thing of course is what they do well, no need for 15's.

As mentioned above though, noise to neighbors really should be a consideration in today's world and that means getting technical.

Toasty:  In a DIY way which direction would you take?
It's everything, not everythink!
Tonskulus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonskulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2018 at 6:20am
I would make/stack Lots of Martin 115 style horns, or something similar horn stuff for bass.

Bdkcambo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bdkcambo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2018 at 11:22am
Sorry for late reply for some reason the site appeared offline for a couple days
About 1500 people, yeah USD, might be for kerfuffle Wink.
 I like that retard big bass horn, got any plans on it? What's the thinking on 1850's versus cubos?
At the moment I'm thinking maybe 4 double 18's 8 15's and I'll buy some mid/highs

Edited by Bdkcambo - 25 June 2018 at 11:28am
Bdkcambo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bdkcambo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2018 at 11:33am
Originally posted by mini-mad mini-mad wrote:

Build a metric f##k ton of 1850... like... 32 of them and then hang a pair of splayed tops from each side of your 4 high 8 wide coupled 1850 horns and just power ally the bass straight through the crowd.

Job done.

This guy gets it 
Bdkcambo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bdkcambo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2018 at 11:37am
Originally posted by Hemisphere Hemisphere wrote:

The bigger and crazier the better? Reckon we could convince you to build a massive straight front loaded bass horn that sits under a stage or is that too big and crazy?

I'll take 4 please, maybe some of these and a f&$k ton of 1850's and a few mid/highs
Hemisphere View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2018 at 12:33pm
No plans for a horn like this, but in principle it's not a very difficult design to develop from scratch.

Phase 1: Post on Speakerplans
Phase 2: ?????
Phase 3: Profit!
Tonskulus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonskulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2018 at 12:53pm
Those (sub)bass horns must have some directivity / throw :D 

Bdkcambo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bdkcambo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2018 at 4:00pm
how big do ya reckon I'd need to go to claim biggest bass horns in the world?
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2018 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by Bdkcambo Bdkcambo wrote:

how big do ya reckon I'd need to go to claim biggest bass horns in the world?

Bigger than a shipping container loaded with 44 drivers and it's own generator

If you don't need to move it, a bunch of those with 15" kick sections and bought pro tops would be the ideal. You can bury the big horns in the ground too. I wouldn't bother with 1850 horns, the suitable drivers will cost too much to get. You'd be better off basing stuff around say P Audio as you can more easily get it into the country by popping some islands over personally.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12