Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dcx eeprom chip.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msoundsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dcx eeprom chip.
    Posted: 24 June 2018 at 9:43pm
Have a behringer dcx xover given to me minus the eeprom chip. Guy I got it from said he tryed to flash the Dcx and bricked the eerprom chip so he removed it and lost it! Anyone know where I can get an eeprom chip with the dcx firmware already on it? Or anyone with a broken dcx want to sell me their eeprom chip? .. I think it's v 1.6? Got an install coming up it would be handy for. Cheers!! 

Edited by msoundsystem - 24 June 2018 at 9:47pm
Pinyorouk View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinyorouk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2018 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by msoundsystem msoundsystem wrote:

Have a behringer dcx xover given to me minus the eeprom chip. Guy I got it from said he tryed to flash the Dcx and bricked the eerprom chip so he removed it and lost it! Anyone know where I can get an eeprom chip with the dcx firmware already on it? Or anyone with a broken dcx want to sell me their eeprom chip? .. I think it's v 1.6? Got an install coming up it would be handy for. Cheers!! 

I could copy the eprom from mine. Sure it is the eeprom? As firmware is usually loaded to flash ROM
Pinyorouk View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinyorouk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2018 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by Pinyorouk Pinyorouk wrote:

I could copy the eprom from mine. Sure it is the eeprom? As firmware is usually loaded to flash ROM

Saying that, computer firmware is written to eeprom.... 
msoundsystem View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msoundsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2018 at 4:59pm
hi pinyorouk. Yes it's deffinalty stored onto the eeprom chip and now the chip is removed it doesent even show the dcx logo on start up its completely blank. but when my mate had the chip in you could see the logo, indacating that's where the firmware is stored. The firmware is avaliable from behringer website the only problem is I do not have an eeprom burner or the blank chip to do it. Was hoping somewhere sold them or someone could flash the chip for me for a price? Cheers buddy. 
Pinyorouk View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinyorouk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2018 at 5:13pm

hi pinyorouk. Yes it's deffinalty stored onto the eeprom chip and now the chip is removed it doesent even show the dcx logo on start up its completely blank. but when my mate had the chip in you could see the logo, indacating that's where the firmware is stored. The firmware is avaliable from behringer website the only problem is I do not have an eeprom burner or the blank chip to do it. Was hoping somewhere sold them or someone could flash the chip for me for a price? Cheers buddy. 

Hi Msoumdsystem. I have a eeprom programmer. Would have to do it quick though as I'll be going away end of this week. If I have time I'll look up the part number for the chip and see if it's compatible with my programmer this evening. Cheers
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msoundsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2018 at 8:03pm
yes please mate if you could! Thank you! 
Pinyorouk View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinyorouk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2018 at 9:58pm
Is the chip your referring to one with 32pins? 
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msoundsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2018 at 10:53pm
yes mate. It is :) 
Pinyorouk View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinyorouk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2018 at 12:47am
I can supply the chip. PM sent
 Post Reply Post Reply