Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We blew 4no. PD1850's

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BASSHORSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2018 at 10:10am
paulie paul knows is stuff when it comes to 1850s & thats a fact,,,but from my trail & errors ov this driver the rmj out perfoms it for being able to take more stick than the original cone,..i was shit scared to turn it up after the first couple of blows,,now that fear as gone LOL i know around 5 folk who say the same due to the tank like build of them,..but as far as specs go,,thats all ive go to offer Thumbs Up  ,.wen i dig um out next im goin to give um a gud thrappin & record the footage :) but for now the sw115 gets all the play time,..

Edited by BASSHORSE - 28 June 2018 at 10:14am
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2018 at 10:28am
Originally posted by PauliePaul PauliePaul wrote:

The suggestion regarding T/S parameter measuring would be pointless as there are so many inconsistencies between drivers, way above any usual manufacturing tolerances.

Agreed

Best thing that I would suggest is if you want a PD.1850 that plays something like the factory specs you use a genuine kit, if you want something else, then you sent you chassis to Roy and get a ‘boutique’ driver with no specs. If it works in your cabinet and for you then happy days.

Agreed

Just don’t sell them on as PD.1850’s, because only the motor and chassis (and spacer ring!) will be genuine.

Agreed.. Just say they are RMJ recones, and people who like RMJ will snap them up, others may not.

@Basshorse I have seen so much of his work, I know what to look for.

Agreed.

Will also say, few years ago PD had glue issue on new drivers, and RMJ also had QC problem, when "maybe" someone else was reconing '50s at his firm, but all sorted now.

Back in the Day, the real '50 enthusiasts, would get PP to  recone '50s, if he was in London, or drive a pile of them to RMJ.  Was all about time taken.

I have "NEVER" heard of anyone mentioning an RMJ recone sounding inferior to a PP recone, or new driver.

Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345